Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   jet ski on rear platform? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247660-jet-ski-rear-platform.html)

fossilx 02-15-2011 12:39 PM

jet ski on rear platform?

Have done some searching and haven't found any pics or talk about docking a jet ski on a rear swim platform on a performance boat...

anyone have any pics or other info?

think this may be a cool option possibly..

LapseofReason 02-15-2011 01:27 PM

Most newer ski's are 700+ lbs. plus what ever the lift is. Maybe on the real big 50+ foot boats they could make something but I wouldn't want it.. We put my friends broke down stand up on my swim platform for about 6 miles but I wouldn't do it all the time.

1MOSES1 02-15-2011 01:37 PM

almost all newer skis are 800+ punds...namely the sea doo's and yamahas. Like mentioned above: you will need a lift which is another couple hundred pounds. Plus it throws off the CG. Performance would take a hit. Logistically I dont know if it would fit. The tilting sunpad may get in the way. Too many cons than pros.

seafordguy 02-15-2011 01:42 PM

Nothing like going out pounding waves with a jet ski precariously strapped to your swim platform.

Perlmudder 02-15-2011 01:48 PM

Pretty much every cruiser at my marina has a sea doo on the back, but they are much larger and slower. From what I have seen the hydraulic lifts that they put on the back of a 57 carver, 50 sea ray, and a 50 marquis are way too large to go on the back of any performance boat. Without even thinking about the drawbacks to performance and adverse affects of throwing an extra thousand plus pounds of weight on the back (700-800 for the ski and I would guess a few hundred for the lift) the ones I have seen take up a lot of space and I would imagine it would be almost impossible to make the brackets work with twins, tie bars, stern drives, and steering rams.

joew. 02-15-2011 02:10 PM

Jet ski's suck balls.

Anyone want to buy two?:coolcowboy:

fossilx 02-15-2011 02:10 PM

I was talking the stand ups they are around 300#, but the slapping on the back makes sense, this may not work on a smaller 35'er etc

rockstar342 02-15-2011 02:17 PM

Not really a go fast, but I carry a stand up on the back of my 400ss. I have an extended swim platform so loading on and off is a breeze. Only cruise at 39mph though...

fossilx 02-16-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar342 (Post 3327107)
Not really a go fast, but I carry a stand up on the back of my 400ss. I have an extended swim platform so loading on and off is a breeze. Only cruise at 39mph though...

can you post a few pics or leave a link where I can see pics of this - thanks

kilrbusa 02-16-2011 04:40 PM

Why would you need one a jet ski on the back of a performance boat?

....imagine the swim platform has about 10 or less lugs/bolts attaching it to the transom--what do you suppose is gonna happen w 500lbs constantly stressing those? eventual diaster !!!