Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Official Miami Boat Show Photo Thread!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247728-official-miami-boat-show-photo-thread.html)

AppSysCons 02-22-2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS (Post 3333108)
Frank,

Did you by any chance get any pictures of the Rage Powerboats that were outside at the show?

I do not remember seeing Rage Powerboats in the "Boats by brand" list or the Exhibitor" list. I tried to get just about everywhere, but the show, is a big place.

I have posted all the pictures I have here

2011 Miami show pictures, 274 uploaded, click here

Do you know where they were? I remember where and when, I went to various areas at the show, so I may find them quickly, if I shot them.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-22-2011 02:07 PM

Not sure! I saw picture on someones thread on here but can not seem to find it again. No big deal.

In The Pink 02-22-2011 06:31 PM

I have a few as well...

http://s371.photobucket.com/albums/oo154/HoJoRiSiN/

Tom A. 02-22-2011 06:50 PM

I got to take a ride in this 48 MTI w/ the 1350's! It is an awesome boat and the engines have SOME SERIOUS KICK! They were still working out some fuel delivery issues so we "only" ran up to 140, but the impressive part was running 100 and getting pinned to the seat accelerating up to 140!
Not only was the driveline impressive but so was the boat. That was a former race boat converted to a pleasure boat. It still has the bustle for the rudder but no rudder and it is really a #8 boat.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-22-2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3333418)
I got to take a ride in this 48 MTI w/ the 1350's! It is an awesome boat and the engines have SOME SERIOUS KICK! They were still working out some fuel delivery issues so we "only" ran up to 140, but the impressive part was running 100 and getting pinned to the seat accelerating up to 140!
Not only was the driveline impressive but so was the boat. That was a former race boat converted to a pleasure boat. It still has the bustle for the rudder but no rudder and it is really a #8 boat.

Tom,

This is Bob Bull's old raceboat that was converted to a pleasure boat last year. He now has a new 48' raceboat with Sterling power in it I believe.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-22-2011 07:09 PM

Not sure but this may also be the the first boat with the 1350's in it. It debuted at the Ft Lauderdale show back in the fall.

Tom A. 02-22-2011 07:12 PM

Yes first boat RUNNING 1350's!
Yes it was Bob's race boat, now it is his pleasure boat and the test mule for the 1350's!
It ran awesome and looked unbelievable!

Tom A. 02-22-2011 07:14 PM

MTI had a great display but it was right next to Cigarette and I was blown away by their display! Hat's off to Skip and his crew!

The diesel sport boats are awesome too, love the idea of 100mph and 3-4mpg!!!!!!

The Nor-Tech 50 V with a windlass, Corian Counter tops and twin turbines was an unreal mix!

Chris-Crafts looked awesome but I was shocked to see a 20' sport with a $68,000 price tag!

Overall, all the performance builders had great finishes and all the people I talked to in the industry were cautiously optimistic.

cdowns 02-23-2011 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3333451)
PIER57 and MTI had a great display but it was right next to Cigarette and I was blown away by their display! Hat's off to Skip and his crew!

The diesel sport boats are awesome too, love the idea of 100mph and 3-4mpg!!!!!!

The Nor-Tech 50 V with a windlass, Corian Counter tops and twin turbines was an unreal mix!

Chris-Crafts looked awesome but I was shocked to see a 20' sport with a $68,000 price tag!

Overall, all the performance builders had great finishes and all the people I talked to in the industry were cautiously optimistic.

Fixed it for ya....:drink:

Tom A. 02-23-2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by cdowns (Post 3333694)
Fixed it for ya....:drink:

Thanks!:lolhit:

You guys did a great job! Hat's off to you too!!!!:drink: