Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Catamaran's with/without Center-Pods..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247729-catamarans-without-center-pods.html)

ElimiNordic 02-26-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle (Post 3336461)
You think you've seen centerpods. Check out the one on my 1997 27 Daytona. It was really like a Mod VP. It actually worked very well. It obviously leaned the inside on turns and would turn very well. When encountering parallel waves it would list side to side uncomfortably, but I guess no worse than a vee would. It probably was a decent design not for ultra high performance. It did really well in the rough, but it was a resin tub and very heavy. It ran over 100 with 454's with Tyler Crocket 177 top ends. And yes, the hatch blew off, but it was because I left the nut off the hatch bolt.

I never realized how much the bottom has changed over the years. That is a big step!

ElimiNordic 02-26-2011 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle (Post 3336461)
You think you've seen centerpods. Check out the one on my 1997 27 Daytona. It was really like a Mod VP. It actually worked very well. It obviously leaned the inside on turns and would turn very well. When encountering parallel waves it would list side to side uncomfortably, but I guess no worse than a vee would. It probably was a decent design not for ultra high performance. It did really well in the rough, but it was a resin tub and very heavy. It ran over 100 with 454's with Tyler Crocket 177 top ends. And yes, the hatch blew off, but it was because I left the nut off the hatch bolt.

They all poke fun at we Eliminator folks, but after looking at every boat in Miami, nobody other than DCB has the attention to detail and rigging they have. And all the east coast guys can't or won't do gel coat and just paint the boat, which will never last as long or be as durable. And center pod or not, every square inch is finished unlike some of the most expensive super boats I saw at the show. It's kind of weird to not pay attention to finishing areas not seen.

PokerRun388 02-26-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3336492)
They all poke fun at we Eliminator folks, but after looking at every boat in Miami, nobody other than DCB has the attention to detail and rigging they have. And all the east coast guys can't or won't do gel coat and just paint the boat, which will never last as long or be as durable. And center pod or not, every square inch is finished unlike some of the most expensive super boats I saw at the show. It's kind of weird to not pay attention to finishing areas not seen.

Excellent point Dan... I agree and am a huge Eliminator supporter myself, since I live only 30mins from their shop and get down there often...!!!

Baja555 02-26-2011 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3336528)
Excellent point Dan... I agree and am a huge Eliminator supporter myself, since I live only 30mins from their shop and get down there often...!!!

Bet they lock the doors and turn the lights out when they see you coming..

Baja555 02-26-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3336492)

you are right Eliminator does excellent finish work on their boats...As does DCB..

PokerRun388 02-26-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Baja555 (Post 3336540)
Bet they lock the doors and turn the lights out when they see you coming..

Actually just the opposite,, I know everyone down their,, my family has a 25 cat, and we are friends with Bob.....

PokerRun388 02-26-2011 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Baja555 (Post 3336543)
you are right Eliminator does excellent finish work on their boats...As does DCB..

Tell us something we dont know baja... Duh

Baja555 02-26-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3336549)
Tell us something we dont know baja... Duh

I could say your an idot, but everyone already knows that too....

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-26-2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3336362)
I love Beavers! :drink:

:point::bong::cool-smiley-027:

PokerRun388 02-26-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Baja555 (Post 3336554)
I could say your an idot, but everyone already knows that too....

:kiss: