Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Catamaran's with/without Center-Pods..... >

Catamaran's with/without Center-Pods.....

Notices

Catamaran's with/without Center-Pods.....

Old 02-17-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Actually my tunnel is as deep as a 32 skater with a 1.5" pod.
Attached Thumbnails Catamaran's with/without Center-Pods.....-scxproplevelrearstandard.jpg  
Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
I guess it is Offshoreonly, but why do Skaters show up at Lake Cumberland?
Because they can, but there's a reason you dont see the west coast pod boats out on the ocean!

Just razzin ya, nice looking 34!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

My 32 Skater with Arneson planes at 12 to 18 mph or 1200-1400 rpm and will stay on plane at 25 mph at 1500 rpm.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

My 32 Skater with Arneson planes at 12 to 18 mph or 1200-1400 rpm and will stay on plane at 25 mph at 1500 rpm.

How much faster can a center pod plane?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T2X summed it up 100% as far as handling and performance goes.

There is no doubt that from my experience between running our 377 Talon with pod and our friends 36' Skater's that they are really two separate animals as far as ride and handling.
In my opinion the Pod cats are far more forgiving "driver skill wise" than the Skaters .
But in the right hands the Skater will out turn a pod cat 3 to 1 ,it is like she is on rails.But with that being said in the wrong hands or when pushed to far will spin you out like a top.
Not that a stepped pod Cat cant spin out, but not near as easy from my experience when in less experienced hands.
On our Bay when its gets a bit over 2 1/2' or 3'rs we cant comfortably run with the Skaters even though we have 700 or more hp ,it doesn't matter in the snot..
Beats you to death as well as having plug ins "engines far aft" she is very stern heavy and dangerously bow high over rouge waves at any speed while on plane..

Our pod rigs do have a place in my opinion.Considerably faster than most any deep V rigs power to power wise. Flatter smoother ride than most comparably sized deep V,s.From plane speeds of 40mph + to what ever your comfort level speeds are.
However that is in the "predictable" smoother water only.
They also have a great ride and never porpoise like the true cats generally do on their way to packing air..And that can be up until the 80 to 100mph depending on size of coarse...

When I have it to do all over again, it will be a 40' Skater.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro1

How much faster can a center pod plane?
I don't think my Talon will plane any faster. It will stay on plan at 25 also. My next cat will be a 30-32 true tunnel. That being said I still love my Talon!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I knew I liked you

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
hey C'mon Eric what about me ??? I owned an ELIMINATOR once
All this time I knew there was something about you I really liked, even with all that Skater Nation, Skater Country or Skater City or whatever all that stuff is on your posts. You were once part of the Leach family Eliminator owners club. You have good solid roots!

By the way, I am sitting on the top floor of the Shore Club in Miami wishing I had a Skater right now. Nice water out my balcony, but a little rough!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Your Boat?

The man that would know summed it up well.

I would agree the pod boats do have a place on lakes and rivers, but this is OFFSHORE ONLY isn't it???

PeckerPuller, if you want to actually LEARN something rather than looking at pictures, playing with your toy boats, and coloring books, go read T2x's "Great Moments in Cat History" thread. You might actually learn a thing or two.

Or maybe not...[/QUOTE]

And what boat do you have? Pictures please.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
I guess it is Offshoreonly, but why do Skaters show up at Lake Cumberland? Bill you are welcome to take a ride or come and drive. Hopefully will take it to Kentucky Lake for the fun run. You've got to make the Lake Cumberland run this year.
thnx Eric & will se ya'll soon we have both Kentucky runs penciled in on the TO DO LIST
Old 02-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
All this time I knew there was something about you I really liked, even with all that Skater Nation, Skater Country or Skater City or whatever all that stuff is on your posts. You were once part of the Leach family Eliminator owners club. You have good solid roots!

By the way, I am sitting on the top floor of the Shore Club in Miami wishing I had a Skater right now. Nice water out my balcony, but a little rough!
You have good solid roots
I was very impressed by the Gel coat,the Mira loma factory,& their workmanship, but not the same ride as the Skater ... your new boat looks awesome but if you'd taken a ride in a Skater i dont think you'd be posting the same pics . The SKATER is on rails , it only took 1 ride and we wrote the check

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.