Notices

Buying a boat in Canada?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KN
Thanks, Do you guys have any brokers you can recommend?
talk to skater if they can't help.

bought a used 28 skater from kelowna canada and the canada dealer/broker was ok-ed by skater. other than the shipping it was no big deal.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 PM
KN
Registered

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
Call Peter @ Double R to help you, he will make it easy.

www.teamshogren.com
Thank You
Old 02-16-2011, 08:57 PM
KN
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
talk to skater if they can't help.

bought a used 28 skater from kelowna canada and the canada dealer/broker was ok-ed by skater. other than the shipping it was no big deal.
This boat is located in Kelowna, Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
Call Peter @ Double R to help you, he will make it easy.

www.teamshogren.com
Best answer on here.
1 705 321 4621
Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Best answer on here.
1 705 321 4621
completely agree. Bought a seadoo and standup in the states, and brought them to canada and I was told to call peter. He answered all my questions and it was a breeze.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went through this process last summer. I bought a boat from a Canadian dealer, who had purchased it from the states, 6 months prior. The financial part is pretty straight forward, yes you can wire funds directly. Remember there is usually a difference in the exchange rate, which you can find doing a google search. You should specify what currency you are paying in (canadian vs us), depending on the exchange rate and price you are paying it can be a rather large number.
The delivery part can be a little tricky. I used a broker who expedited the entire process, B& B custom house brokerage co ltd @ 519-354-4010, for little cost. I was told at the time it may have been less complicated to pick it up at the border, but this was not an option for me. It was smooth sailing for the boat. Retitling the trailer was a more difficult process, as it was considered an "imported trailer". There where very specific forms needed by my DMV, as well as signtaures and stamps for customs. I spent two months getting this part sorted out. It was well worth the money I spent with the brokerage company, to have the guidance through the paperwork process, as well as help when I needed more. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snake dance
I went through this process last summer. I bought a boat from a Canadian dealer, who had purchased it from the states, 6 months prior. The financial part is pretty straight forward, yes you can wire funds directly. Remember there is usually a difference in the exchange rate, which you can find doing a google search. You should specify what currency you are paying in (canadian vs us), depending on the exchange rate and price you are paying it can be a rather large number.
The delivery part can be a little tricky. I used a broker who expedited the entire process, B& B custom house brokerage co ltd @ 519-354-4010, for little cost. I was told at the time it may have been less complicated to pick it up at the border, but this was not an option for me. It was smooth sailing for the boat. Retitling the trailer was a more difficult process, as it was considered an "imported trailer". There where very specific forms needed by my DMV, as well as signtaures and stamps for customs. I spent two months getting this part sorted out. It was well worth the money I spent with the brokerage company, to have the guidance through the paperwork process, as well as help when I needed more. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
I used a broker who expedited the entire process...

+100