Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
When you bought your first perf. boat, what do you wish you knew? >

When you bought your first perf. boat, what do you wish you knew?

Notices

When you bought your first perf. boat, what do you wish you knew?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fastoys
buy something thats too big now because it will be too small very shortly!
Do you feel that your 38 is too small???
Old 02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Do you feel that your 38 is too small???
........I think 38 is too small
Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed

........I think 38 is too small
Nice 35 in your avatar!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Nice 35 in your avatar!
Hahahahahahahaha.....I got rid of that boat!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I knew how much this hobby was going to cost me.LOL
Old 02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Default Length, length, length and LENGTH

Currently stuck with a 28 wishing it was a 41 to 47 ( I may opt one day for an even OLDER 41 to 47 just to get a wave crusher, and not break the bank as I currently do 90% of my own engine/drive work).
Old 02-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I love my motor but wish I had done more research on hulls. My boat is great and met all my needs except the "want" to go faster. I bought it new and looking back now, I could have had 2 boats (a 90mph v, and a nice pontoon for the family) for the money I spent.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ckin62
When you go to look at that used boat you want to purchase DON'T take a friend that will just encourage you to buy it. Take someone with a fair knowledge of boats and their costs. If such a friend can't be found for goodness sake DO take your wife. She will talk you out of anything that don't benefit her, or that she thinks will add to your coolness.
This is really good advice.....My wife, a buddy who works on boats and I drove 11 hours to look at a used 38zr Donzi that was being brokered by a dealer....the boat was beautiful....took it on a test run and it ran great.....so while my wife and I went in to negotiate a deal my buddy did a compression check...right when were going to sign he calls my cell and says one cylinder down on compression....my wife immediately says new motor or no deal....dealer says no way....she gets up and walks out....by this time I am emotionally tied to the deal so I try to convince her that we can work it out....she says hell no.....before we left the lot we ended up with a new 525...
Old 02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bullhead
This is really good advice.....My wife, a buddy who works on boats and I drove 11 hours to look at a used 38zr Donzi that was being brokered by a dealer....the boat was beautiful....took it on a test run and it ran great.....so while my wife and I went in to negotiate a deal my buddy did a compression check...right when were going to sign he calls my cell and says one cylinder down on compression....my wife immediately says new motor or no deal....dealer says no way....she gets up and walks out....by this time I am emotionally tied to the deal so I try to convince her that we can work it out....she says hell no.....before we left the lot we ended up with a new 525...
I like this story
Old 02-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bullhead
great story......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.