Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   chief powerboats/bobby saccenti (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247844-chief-powerboats-bobby-saccenti.html)

MahopacMarine 02-22-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by WOTW2E (Post 3333068)
Bobby, thanks for the well wishes and good talking with you again.

Maybe there needs to be a bit of a brief summary here for the curiosity of the good folks here on OSO as to how I (Adam) fit into the mix. As best I can remember without dates and other’s names:

There was a group of 5 of us (Chief Power Boats was not involved) that endeavored to build up a boat company during the depths of the recession here some years ago. The financing for that endeavor never materialized without ever being explicitly stated that it was not going to materialize. Over time it became clear that we were without money. The other 4 kind of went back to what they were doing before the venture started waiting till possibly some funding materialized. I on the other hand did not have a job to go back to. I did however have some contacts at Checkmate Marine in Bucyrus as I had worked as an engineer for Baja in Bucyrus previous to that company’s closure. Checkmate was kind enough to rent some space to me and I began working on some boats here and there while also helping out where I could with Checkmate. Bobby thru Chief Power Boats and Chief Power Boats has had some involvement here. I have helped them out as best I could as they have helped me out. I believe our relationship has been beneficial for all parties involved. Those guys have wished me the best of luck as I have them. Who knows what the future holds but that is where we are currently.

Obviously there are MANY, MANY details that I have not covered on the whos, hows, wheres and whys. Those details - as it pertains to the individuals or their business - can be brought forward by those individuals if they so choose.

As for Bobby and I, I have the utmost respect for him. He has been nothing but helpful and supportive in trying to get this business up and moving. I thank him for his honesty and look forward to talking with him again soon….and who knows, maybe we will be talking over the back fence as neighbors some day!!

I apologize for the high jack.
Adam

Thanks for the clarification. Hope you are doing well. Give me a shout when you have a chance.

Tom

Panther 02-22-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by WOTW2E (Post 3333068)
Bobby, thanks for the well wishes and good talking with you again.

Maybe there needs to be a bit of a brief summary here for the curiosity of the good folks here on OSO as to how I (Adam) fit into the mix. As best I can remember without dates and other’s names:

There was a group of 5 of us (Chief Power Boats was not involved) that endeavored to build up a boat company during the depths of the recession here some years ago. The financing for that endeavor never materialized without ever being explicitly stated that it was not going to materialize. Over time it became clear that we were without money. The other 4 kind of went back to what they were doing before the venture started waiting till possibly some funding materialized. I on the other hand did not have a job to go back to. I did however have some contacts at Checkmate Marine in Bucyrus as I had worked as an engineer for Baja in Bucyrus previous to that company’s closure. Checkmate was kind enough to rent some space to me and I began working on some boats here and there while also helping out where I could with Checkmate. Bobby thru Chief Power Boats and Chief Power Boats has had some involvement here. I have helped them out as best I could as they have helped me out. I believe our relationship has been beneficial for all parties involved. Those guys have wished me the best of luck as I have them. Who knows what the future holds but that is where we are currently.

Obviously there are MANY, MANY details that I have not covered on the whos, hows, wheres and whys. Those details - as it pertains to the individuals or their business - can be brought forward by those individuals if they so choose.

As for Bobby and I, I have the utmost respect for him. He has been nothing but helpful and supportive in trying to get this business up and moving. I thank him for his honesty and look forward to talking with him again soon….and who knows, maybe we will be talking over the back fence as neighbors some day!!

I apologize for the high jack.
Adam

Thanks for the info Adam. What's the name of your new business? Do you have a website?

Best of luck to you.

boatme 02-22-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by WOTW2E (Post 3333075)
Now to the OP and about the Chief boat. As has been stated here, that boat is an unbelievable boat. I have had the opportunity to captain and ride on it. It feels nimble for a 42 ft boat yet crushes the water like you cannot imagine. You actually start to feel sympathy for the water for the beating it is taking! Very solid ride. The twin step bottom has great cornering characteristics. I threw it into some pretty hard corners (enough to make the other folks on the boat cringe) and did not detect even the slightest hint of the bottom breaking loose. NEAT, NEAT boat.

Here is to the designers and builders :ernaehrung004:

I probably have more seat time driving that boat than anyone beside the original owner (The last year he owned it I had it out more than he did)

The boat handles well, and crushes waves incredible Bobby and I worked closely together with the guy that was purchasing the first boat. Unfortunately the guys who owned Chief (Not Bobby Not Pat and not me) showed their lack of ethics and ability to tell the truth and screwed a lot of people that worked with them

In the end we had a good boat that with some time and some tweaking could have been a great boat. It needed time and testing to be outstanding, and that would have come had the owners not screwed the pooch

Mitcher T's Paint was nothing less than spectacular and it is a shame that the First Mohican will most likely be the last Mohican It is why some of us came up with the phrase "You seen one, you seen em all"

Still the most fun boat I have ever ran in 8 foot seas approaching 90 MPH

c_deezy 02-22-2011 03:44 PM

I got lucky enough to see it hauling across Lake Erie between Kelley's and PIB year before last. Looked pretty good!

XT-Innovator 02-22-2011 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Saccenti (Post 3330392)
Hello All

I am still very involved with the Chief Powerboat project.. I have all the molds ready to go. Just pick your colors and power.. Hopefully the economy will turnaround and boating as we all know it will start to come back. In the meantime I been keeping busy (so I don’t forget how to put theses dame things together) for a few old Apache clients, mainly total restoration projects. I enjoy a good challenging project from start to finish.

I see a OSO poster mentioned that somebody was using my name “without my permission”. I will assure you that will never ever happen.. Yes I was involved with a business venture that did not get very far, due to me being geographically in the wrong location.. The company has since been resolved and Adam who is a fried and one talented individual has moved onto his own venture.

I am always available for any questions;

www.Chiefpowerboats.com
[email protected]
305 965 7428 cell

Best Regards
Bobby Saccenti

Hey! Mark thanks for posting the Chief Pictures..

Bobby, We have never met, but you sure seem like a classy guy. Did get to see the Chief (in detail) while it was in Ohio, and if your ever need a boat interior done in our neck of the woods, let us know.

Oh, and your also right about Adam.....I'm trying to get him to use the name "XT Performance" but it remains to be seen.

XT

Catastrophe 02-22-2011 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 3333186)
Thanks for the info Adam. What's the name of your new business? Do you have a website?

Best of luck to you.

Isnt Adams company called Saccenti Marine ??

Racegirl3 02-22-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3333523)
Isnt Adams company called Saccenti Marine ??

Last time I was out there, there was no name on the mail box and no name on the door. I believe Adam is doing business as Adam :cool:

Catastrophe 02-22-2011 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 3333538)
Last time I was out there, there was no name on the mail box and no name on the door. I believe Adam is doing business as Adam :cool:

This guy must be mistaken then.

Racegirl3 02-22-2011 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3333547)
This guy must be mistaken then.

LOL - Believe who you want. Bob said its resolved and all is good with Adam. Adam said its all good with Bob and nothing came of it. I said there is no name on the door. Everybody knows the name was being used at one time.

Catastrophe 02-22-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 3333583)
LOL - Believe who you want. Bob said its resolved and all is good with Adam. Adam said its all good with Bob and nothing came of it. I said there is no name on the door. Everybody knows the name was being used at one time.

Not a case of believing anyone. Could care less.

I'm sure there is nothing to be resolved.

And it doesnt matter if the name is on the door either.

Ever since Sunkin took out the vendors license under Saccenti Marine it has operated at 3691 State Route 4 in Bucyrus Ohio.