Best Single Engine Cat Design >

Best Single Engine Cat Design

Notices

Best Single Engine Cat Design

Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I got slapped down a couple times doing what 388 is doing now. The thing is I was mature enough to realize I was wrong, and I stopped commenting on things I knew very little about. I didn't stop asking questions, but I stopped trying to sound like an authority when I wasn't.
your right on Catmando, It's ok to ask questions.. the people here are more than happy to answer questions. Just dont make factual statements if you haven't had the real life experience..
Old 02-22-2011, 05:24 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

As I understand it, the centerpod is to protect the drive from damage by water rushing through the tunnel.
The pod helps the boat to get on plane with less power.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Thanks for all of the responses. I took a tour of the Eliminator business a few years ago. The boats and power plants bagged to go into the boats were amazing. However, I'm partial to the American Offshore NSX. The bottom design, quality of build, value, and all around performance are hard to beat. I also think the side by side seating up front is way cool in such a small boat (small-comparatively speaking). I don't have tons of money to throw around which puts me in the used market (value is key). I'm not sure when I can buy (still finishing brutal divorce) but I'm sure looking forward to it.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered

I agree i also had an American Offshore NSX and i loved it. The side by side seating made conversation great up front. I havent looked in a while but the RSX boat looks cool.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cheeta
I agree i also had an American Offshore NSX and i loved it. The side by side seating made conversation great up front. I havent looked in a while but the RSX boat looks cool.
watch the build quality on the early AO/s.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

I did a ton of research on single drive cat's.....including insurance costs! That is where my fun stopped.

Before getting your heart set, just be sure to get a real insurance quote to make sure you can get insured, and are willing to pay to play!

That said, from my research I found the RPM to be my favorite. It is a ground up design (actual engineering went into it, CAD, etc not a splash) that is extremely efficient, I believe the fastest 525 single out there. It is also big for 26, with a usable cabin. 26redline on here as the baddest one, and claims no qualms about sharp turns at speed, so I suspect it handles. Pricing was also great when I checked.

However, with no budget given if you are going older/used there aren't many out there of course yet.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

I will say, that being a proud owner of a RPM, I will be a lifetime supporter... Steve is an Awesome builder whos attention to "detail" is second to none, you don't just get a boat, you get a lifelong friendship. I have become very good friends with the guys at the shop, our familys do things together, vacations etc, you cannot say that about "ANY" other company, the boating world has it's share of sleeze balls, I am just glad that I did my homework, and went with RPM...

Here is a picture from this past weekend of me running 125mph, with 2 people, and full of fuel out in Lake Pontchatrain...
Attached Thumbnails Best Single Engine Cat Design-jeff66.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
I will say, that being a proud owner of a RPM, I will be a lifetime supporter... Steve is an Awesome builder whos attention to "detail" is second to none, you don't just get a boat, you get a lifelong friendship. I have become very good friends with the guys at the shop, our familys do things together, vacations etc, you cannot say that about "ANY" other company, the boating world has it's share of sleeze balls, I am just glad that I did my homework, and went with RPM...

Here is a picture from this past weekend of me running 125mph, with 2 people, and full of fuel out in Lake Pontchatrain...
What are the prices on a 26 Redline? New and Used??
Old 02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
What are the prices on a 26 Redline? New and Used??
The prices are the most affordable ones in the business, a RPM with a 525 comes in around 100-110, but you can go from mild to wild, there is one that is used I believe it has around 30hrs on it for 85-90, but don't quote me on that.

Give Steve a call @ RPM, he can answer any questions you may have, but he is taking orders for a 30' price starts @ 220,000 with twin 525's Sportmaster lowers, and ITS boxes, that is a smokin deal, heck you can't buy any other 30' cat with twins for that price...
Old 02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
You should drink less coffee or RedBull. How is his comment dangerous and inaccurate? Looks is personal preference and handling comments are subjective. LOL
Comment:
His comments are dangerous as they lack any foundation, merit or substance. This is commonly called misrepresentation. You should drink more coffee or Redbull after 10,000+ posts and take a break instead of bagging on this kid NATE .

As I understand it, the centerpod is to protect the drive from damage by water rushing through the tunnel.
Yes! and you need a place to put the motor and transom assembly. Catmando you have come a long way in your posts and impart facts and alternate ideas for those asking questions.

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE

Comment:
I would join the above comments X 1000 and add the price of the latest used 26 RPM with minimal if any hours... is worth looking into. You would be very fool hardy if you didn't follow up on it with a call to Steve.

KAP

P.S. All the other choices are excellent as well. Seriously, I can find very few faults with the hulls and builders mentioned. It all comes down to the relationship you want to have with your boat builder which may include customer service and personal boating needs you may have.

P.P.S Any single engine cats that do not have a centerpod uhhhh I can't think of any.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.