Notices

Four Americans Killed on Yacht Hijacked by Somali Pirates

Old 02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
Why don't we sink the motherships ?
Originally Posted by sy goldberg
I don't want to get into a political debate,but where is our proper response and prevention ?
Right on Old Timer! I like the way U think!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

We "the US" are too busy apologizing for our past transgressions. Weak president, weak country.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
We "the US" are too busy apologizing for our past transgressions. Weak president, weak country.
Weak country? LOL **** happens. These "prirates" have everything to gain and nothing to lose. How many more resources do you want to use to cover US vessels that probably know the issues and dangers in the area, and yet go there anyway. Maybe they thought they would give the pirates a bible? AAaaaarrrhhhhh!

The statement said U.S. forces had been "closely monitoring" the Quest for approximately three days with four Navy warships tasked to recover the yacht: the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, the guided-missile cruiser USS Leyte Gulf, the guided-missile destroyers USS Sterett and USS Bulkeley.

Vice Adm. Mark Fox, Commander of the US Navy 5th fleet, told a news conference that negotiations were taking place between the U.S. forces and the pirates Tuesday morning when they suddenly fired a rocket-propelled grenade at the Sterett, which was about 600 yards away. The RPG missed.

Fox said gunfire was heard "almost immediately" afterward and then several pirates appeared on the deck of the yacht with their hands in the air, wanting to surrender.

A boarding party of U.S. special forces was sent across to the Quest but "despite immediate steps to provide life-saving care, all four American hostages died of their wounds," Fox said.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All it takes is one BOOM in the middle of that, whatever you call that place...
Old 02-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Unfortunatly this couple made a horrific mistake going into that area. In a earlier article the husband was quoted as wanting to dock in Yeman and possibly go sight seeing.
I have a feeling there may be a number of missles launches from some unmanned aircraft shortly.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I would hope, since the victims were American, that we are going to do something about this. This is happening way too often. The more they get away with it, will mean the more that are going to start doing it.

It shouldn't be too difficult to tell if it's a boat full of Somialia pirates. I think they should be blown out of the water on site!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why are the 15 pirates aliive?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

The hostages were ok until the pirates found all those boxes of bibles.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Very Sad

If I was the President I would make an international address letting it be known that we were taking back our sense of patriatism that the American Flag once stood for. If any ship flying the stars and stripes is boarded than the country whose pirates boarded it will be wiped off the map forever. No questions, no second chances and no remourse.

We could do away with Somalia in an afternoon - **** International Political Correctness and just destroy the country. We're spending more money and resources trying to deal with them than we would leveling them.

That being said, why the hell would anyone go sailing, much less in that area....
Here is the type President needed to get the job done.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 02-22-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered

While I don't understand why anyone would sail through that area, I REALLY don't understand why you would do it unarmed and not set up watches. I am all for retaliating against piracy in vital shipping areas, but these people (and the British couple released in November) simply DONATED their boat (and in this case, their lives) to Somali pirates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.