Notices

Repo boats at auction

Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I think HH's blog is a good deal for the right person. Thanks for sharing this info with us all.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOw much will you charge a buyer over what you pay? are you looking for money in advance? Just wondering what your plan is here. Are you a boat dealer? Or a car dealer? Or just a friend of a friend of a friend with a auction log in?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

Anyone ever call this guy?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Registered

A local repo yard near us had a 14 year old 38 special I looked at.
Being at a repo yard I thought it would be much less than the asking price but still went. They said the price is reflective of the payoff and the market and make an offer they'll send it to the lender.
I was like they won't like my offer on a boat that I can buy for the same or even slightly less from a seller who hasn't stripped it of the TV, Micro, Radio/CD player, speakers, and Icemaker.
I'd get history on the boat and records. He then replied make a lower offer and see where it goes, I simply passed and thanked him for showing the unit. One thing he did tell me was that at their place you can get a survey after the lender approves the price. I didn't know how to take that and didn't question him further about it as I was leaving.
There probably are both some good and bad deals out there in Repo world.
They just listed this 42 OL and took an offer quickly
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...canyachtsales&

See ya,
Kelly
Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered

Instead of everyone bashing this guy and his boats people should be thanking him. That is very nice that he is willing to hook people up with a good deal on a starter boat. Not everyone on here has $100000+ to go buy the newest, biggest, or fastest boat that just came out. If you bought a used boat from somewhere how do you know it didn't look like these before the repairs and cleanup was done? Thanks for sharing with us
Old 03-03-2011, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
A local repo yard near us had a 14 year old 38 special I looked at.
Being at a repo yard I thought it would be much less than the asking price but still went. They said the price is reflective of the payoff and the market and make an offer they'll send it to the lender.
I was like they won't like my offer on a boat that I can buy for the same or even slightly less from a seller who hasn't stripped it of the TV, Micro, Radio/CD player, speakers, and Icemaker.
I'd get history on the boat and records. He then replied make a lower offer and see where it goes, I simply passed and thanked him for showing the unit. One thing he did tell me was that at their place you can get a survey after the lender approves the price. I didn't know how to take that and didn't question him further about it as I was leaving.
There probably are both some good and bad deals out there in Repo world.
They just listed this 42 OL and took an offer quickly
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...canyachtsales&

See ya,
Kelly
I bought a new, never titled repo thru them about 10 yrs ago. They were helpful and easy to deal with back then.

That OL looks like a lot of boat for the asking coin
Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
Instead of everyone bashing this guy and his boats people should be thanking him. That is very nice that he is willing to hook people up with a good deal on a starter boat. Not everyone on here has $100000+ to go buy the newest, biggest, or fastest boat that just came out. If you bought a used boat from somewhere how do you know it didn't look like these before the repairs and cleanup was done? Thanks for sharing with us
+1
Old 03-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
+2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.