Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Insurance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/248178-insurance.html)

Griff 02-24-2011 01:46 AM

State Farm depends a lot on the agent, your history with them and how much business they have of yours.

Your main issues will be its your first boat that you have owned/insured and the fact that it has a 600SC and runs 80.

Ironmanwb 02-24-2011 07:29 AM

I bought the other 25 AT from here with the 502 boat/trailer is insured under progressive under $500 per year. I have a second boat and a bike registered as well so my rate may be a little less and the boat is listed at 70mph.

Go and take a Coast Gaurd saftey class and get a safety card it will help. Doesn't really mean chit but it should help.

sleev-les 02-24-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb (Post 3334790)
I bought the other 25 AT from here with the 502 boat/trailer is insured under progressive under $500 per year. I have a second boat and a bike registered as well so my rate may be a little less and the boat is listed at 70mph.

Go and take a Coast Gaurd saftey class and get a safety card it will help. Doesn't really mean chit but it should help.

I've got the boater safety card. Its mandatory in MD for anyone born after 1972... I may have something, just waiting to hear back. I'm crossing my fingers..

Dean Ferry 02-24-2011 08:37 AM

Try Bob L. @ Worlwide Marine, 1-800-339-1235, ask for Bob. He has always be great for us and our boats.
Dean

Sea-Dated 02-24-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by sleev-les (Post 3334322)
Yeah, SF told me that the boat can't go faster than 60mph....

:bsflag:

Try another agent.

They know both my Fountain and my Cig are 70+mph boats and I never paid more then $1100 per year.

sleev-les 02-24-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated (Post 3334888)
:bsflag:

Try another agent.

They know both my Fountain and my Cig are 70+mph boats and I never paid more then $1100 per year.

I told my agent that I've been talking to people and they have boats that are insured that go well over 60mph. They all of a sudden decided not to respond. I'm supposed to hear back from Foremost this morning. They quoted me at a better rate than statefarm with good coverage, including towing. I'm hoping that it goes all the way through...

sleev-les 02-24-2011 11:45 AM

Got it.. Foremost insured me, good rate too.. Fhewww

Randy Nielsen 02-24-2011 11:57 AM

Indian Rage, I had progressive on my boat until I had a claim, they sent an adjuster out 5 times to look at a bent propshaft & sent me a letter claiming that is normal wear & tear cliam denied. I dropped them like a hot potato have sf now, fingers crossed. Also I got a lot of flak from insurance companies about the over 60 thing on my eliminator also

RiverDiva 02-24-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by sleev-les (Post 3335004)
Got it.. Foremost insured me, good rate too.. Fhewww

Glad everything worked out for you. Unfortunately Wozencraft as an agency does not sell Foremost in your state. I had a feeling it would be a good match though.

Stacy

DirtyJerz 02-24-2011 03:43 PM

Im new to the "go fast" boats, but not to boating in general. Wouldnt it be easier to just tell the insurance company the boat goes 55 when looking for rates (obviously if the boat has mild power ie 496, etc). If it only gps's around the mid 60's, its not that far from the truth ;). I cant see how they would know, but then again.....Im new to these boats. Are there any negative ramifications that can come along with doing that?