Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some pics from the Miami show.

engine view

side view

lower unit

Old 03-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen or heard one of these engines run?

I plan to call 7 Marine to see if any on water tests have been completed.

Has anyone on this board ridden in the display boat?

I have not seen any info on water tests on the 7 Marine site, twitter, facebook or youtube.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty Boy
Has anyone seen or heard one of these engines run?

I plan to call 7 Marine to see if any on water tests have been completed.

Has anyone on this board ridden in the display boat?

I have not seen any info on water tests on the 7 Marine site, twitter, facebook or youtube.
FROM WHAT I SAW ONLINE THEY HAVE NOT RAN THE MOTOR'S YET . I HOPE THE DRIVE HOLD'S UP FOR THEM
Old 03-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikebrls
FROM WHAT I SAW ONLINE THEY HAVE NOT RAN THE MOTOR'S YET . I HOPE THE DRIVE HOLD'S UP FOR THEM
Yes that will be the key; how the drive and gears hold up. That's a powerful motor, 557hp/551tq so I would do stress-relief shaking and/or cryotreat for more strength.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raylar
I think the product looks incredible and obviously this Ex Mercury Outboard man knows his outboards. I am guessing the R&D, tooling molds engineering , production equipment , inventory, tools, plant, etc, etc, etc has to be somewhere between $3-5 million at least!
Wow, lets do the simple math here,
1. $70K each retail will sell to builders at about $55K maybe each, cause only a boat builder is going to design and build a boat around these beautiful monsters.
2. Lets say a $20K profit gross per engine not even planning service and warranty factors.
3. Lets use $4 million as investment number , so $4mil returned even at net $20K profit per engine = 200 engines minimum at net to return investment alone???!!
I know if I were an investor I would run from this prospectus as fast as I could! and I am not a sophisticated investment guy by any stretch!
It will be interesting to see how many builders start using these, how they fair in use and how long this snazzy look'in product will be in the industry? My guess one or two years max. Just an opinion obviously.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Hey you ain't no outboard guy so your opinion don't count.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Ridiculous.....The cool thing about outboards is they usually always run and run forever....these 575hp things might be more trouble than they are worth.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Heck my opinion hardly ever counts, it just kinda hangs around like a bad cold!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

"Star" members;

Are this attacks provoked from fear or envy?

Please give them time to show what they have. Perhaps they are in right, not the less they risk alone. In any case existing bigg blocks with 50hp/l and gallon/knot look rediculous and this could be one of solutions to come in 20 century. (21 century it is far away from "leading" motomarine technology, sorry but this is fact!)
Old 03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raylar
Heck my opinion hardly ever counts, it just kinda hangs around like a bad cold!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
When are you gonna build your own drive like Ilmor? Sorry if I've asked you this before, you can slap me around next time you see me.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
When are you gonna build your own drive like Ilmor? Sorry if I've asked you this before, you can slap me around next time you see me.
now theres state of the art , Ilmor v10s and they have there own drive. they get better gph than the v8 guys too. and started the same way as 7 marine. if there lower holds up then its a go, like Ilmor not a copy of merc. but NEW TECH. people were not sure about Ilmor at 1st. now there the chit. great looking drive to. I hope the best for these OB GUYS and Ilmor guys. kick some azz. Art ps if they hold up they will be faster as a twin compared to trip or quads 300hp or 350hp. to much drag in the 3rd case OR 4TH CASE.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 03-07-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.