Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Non-Photo questions. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/248254-non-photo-questions.html)

Ted G 02-27-2011 11:37 AM

Have them dump that crap in distilled water right now, I would bet you could save at least the lenses. Heck, maybe even the camera, all that stuff is solid state.

SLOWRIDE-388 02-27-2011 11:47 AM

Jay, real sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope everything works. Look foward to seeing you at LOTO again.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-27-2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ted G (Post 3337296)
Have them dump that crap in distilled water right now, I would bet you could save at least the lenses. Heck, maybe even the camera, all that stuff is solid state.

If anything, have them keep the equipment in a cooler of water until they have a chance to get them into shore. Keep the air from getting to them . Then transfer them to the Distilled Water wash.

BigSilverCat 02-27-2011 12:16 PM

We have them in trash bags full of water

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-27-2011 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3337328)

Excellent !

rockstrmkr 02-27-2011 01:01 PM

Outstanding!!

Pretty awesome of Tyson and Jim to do that !!!!

Awesome !!

Sydwayz 02-27-2011 01:22 PM

WOW, what a story.

Jay, I have all of my cameras and guns and the like on a personal effects policy through State Farm. It's pennies a year compared to their value. As you start over on some of the equipment, it might be worth your while to look into the same type of policy.

They have replaced my camera twice under this policy--no questions asked. Once when it was stolen; and second time when I left it on the bumper of my truck and took off down the road.

lawdocx3 02-27-2011 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3337216)
HOLY CRAP!

Just got a call from Tyson and Jim Lee- they found all my stuff!

:party-smiley-048:

Glad they found your stuff Jay. Hope you can salvage some of it!

BigSilverCat 02-27-2011 04:35 PM

Maybe the flash card will be ok and if he had ahold of the camera tight on multiple shot mode there may be a sequence of pictures of him going in the water..

CigDaze 02-27-2011 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3337328)

Bingo. Good thinking. Just like when marine archeologists retrieve old artifacts from the depths of the ocean after long periods of submersion, they never let the spoils dry out. That's when the worst damage occurs. When you get the stuff home Jay, put them in RO or distilled water immediately and rinse thoroughly. You never know...there may be a glimmer of hope remaining for your stuff. Cool stuff on the retrieval expedition.
:cool: