Notices

Non-Photo questions.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Jay. So sorry to hear about this. I know how excited you were about getting those shots from a different angle. Just glad you are alright. The equipment can always be replaced. Your pictures have brought all of us here a lot of enjoyment. I will have $200 for you to help out when I see you next weekend.
Bob
Old 02-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jay do you have Pay Pal? I think to avoid any issues like we have seen in the past people should just put money directly into your paypal acct. or hand you cash in person or send the check directly to you. If you do then post what it is, if not then set it up and lets see your address.

Jon
Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Holy crap, Jay. This is unbelievable! I'm so sorry. Thankfully you're alright, but man, total bummer about all your equipment. That's your lifeblood; the tools of your trade.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is really nice to be involved with so many good people in one place, most I have not ever met. All the donations people have already offered. Lots of caring people who stand up when someone has had something that happened to there lively hood. Great going guys, I wish I were able to help because we all really enjoy Jay's work.
Everyone here is right Jay, the important thing is that you are safe. Lots of people here are your friends.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Holy crap, Jay. This is unbelievable! I'm so sorry. Thankfully you're alright, but man, total bummer about all your equipment. That's your lifeblood; the tools of your trade.
Thanks, Nick- I hear the store has more tools.

Ok, first off... you guys are fantastic. I can't thank you all enough for your generosity,
but...

while I appreciate the concern, I think I would feel more comfortable working through this with my hands and my brain. Bruce's offer of a loaner cam will get me right back in the saddle, photo-wise, and I've got some new products I've been preparing to announce.

Thanks again for the concerns over my safety.
I'm not ready for a Darwin Award just yet.
Attached Thumbnails Non-Photo questions.-mercgold.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

How deep is the water where there at? How big of area could they be in? How many feet of visibility?
On our way back Sunday we can stop and if there in less then 30 feet of water and an area of around 100 feet by 100 feet I should be able to get them, let me know and I can buy some fins and goggles, if deeper or bigger area if someone has some scuba stuff I can borrow I will go get them
Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a quick back and forth with Jay regarding his mishap.

Glad our buddy is OK and kudos to him for attempting to do something different artistically for all the Miami Poker Run participants.

I completely understand his reticence to accept the gracious offers for financial help although once again it shows how much a family place this can be at times.

I've suggested the following to him to earn his way out of this misfortune where everyone is a winner and he gets back on the tour asap.

Jay will prepare certificates now that will allow those that will purchase his services this season, to have pics to a value of $ 200.00.

I suggest he sells these $ 200.00 Certificates starting today, for $150.00, discounted because they are for work being paid in advance.

The kindness the previous posters have shown doesnt surprise me.

I hope this method works out so that Bruce may not have to lend his buddy a camera.

Good luck Jay.

I'm in for a couple of Certificates.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One way or another...

Pay Pal gift option is a good way to send money, no fees involved if you use the gift option.

Alec, your idea is a good one, but my offer stands also, as long as Jay promises not to go swimming with my gear...

Bruce

Last edited by imax; 02-25-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: can't spell...
Old 02-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear Jay.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

I've suggested the following to him to earn his way out of this misfortune where everyone is a winner and he gets back on the tour asap.

Jay will prepare certificates now that will allow those that will purchase his services this season, to have pics to a value of $ 200.00.

I suggest he sells these $ 200.00 Certificates starting today, for $150.00, discounted because they are for work being paid in advance.

The kindness the previous posters have shown doesn't surprise me.
Jay, sorry for your loss.

Beat me to it. Do a fund raiser sale and it is not charity. Do you still have pics dating back to 2007. You got a couple great ones of my first run Sarasota Nov. 07. I would love one or two of those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.