Young Performance Marine -- A Dying Breed >

Young Performance Marine -- A Dying Breed

Notices

Young Performance Marine -- A Dying Breed

Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Young Performance Marine -- A Dying Breed

It's very rare that I plug a business... but I feel this is more than justified. Eddie Young already receives a lot of good press here on the board, and for good reason.

Just as a background... Eddie doesn't know me from a fly on the wall. I've never bought a 30 or 40k engine from Eddie. Hell, I've never even bought a $3000 set of heads from the man.

I called Eddie late last year because I had heard so many good things about him on this board. I had inquired about refreshing the top end on my 500 EFIs. Eddie took the time to talk to me, for nearly 45 minutes, explaining all the details, options, etc. Unfortunately, my schedule didn't allow me to bring my motors to Eddie, but I decided to purchase the necessary springs, retainers, locks, etc from Eddie and do the motors here in my shop. Eddie was more then helpful, taking time to explain and detail how HE sets up valve springs, etc. Always at my disposal, Eddie would always answer all my questions and then some. I never felt rushed off the phone, I never felt like I was a nuisance...and the entire time Eddie knew he wasn't going to get a big job out of me this winter.

Later on in my project I needed some Cometic header gaskets, which Eddie was out of stock when I first called him. After he had received his order I had called Eddie and left him a message inquiring about the gaskets, and asking him to send me an invoice via PayPal. Funny thing was, before Eddie even returned my call, or sent the invoice, Fed Ex showed up with the gaskets.

He later emailed me and told me that he knew I was in a rush for them, and had ALREADY put them in motion before I had sent him a dime.

If that's not above and beyond I don't know what is. My job has me doing a lot of purchasing, from a number of large vendors, and all too often I feel like the world has come to the "are you buying or not" attitude. It's been a long time since I've done business with a person, or an entity, such as Young Performance Marine, and I can assure you I'll be a customer for a lifetime.

If anyone hasn't had the pleasure of dealing with Eddie, and might need anything performance marine related... pick up the phone... I'm sure you'll have the same feelings I do.

Again Eddie... thank you very much for all the time you've taken to help me out.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good you had a positive experience. Need more stories like these and less of the others.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie rocks!

I've never bought anything from him, but he has always been very helpful both here and on the phone.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
Again Eddie... thank you very much for all the time you've taken to help me out.
I'll second this.

I had a thread about a boat I have a now have a purchase contract on in the northeast. It was about the hours on the stock supercharged engines in the unit and how much time was needed before needing the top ends refreshed and the blowers serviced. His reply was one of several. I was a bit gun shy about calling him during his regular business hours but did so anyway.
He was very helpful on the phone with me and I never felt rushed or hurried to get the phone call over with. We had an easy 20 minute conversation and he was showing me things in the pic's I posted of the powertrains while we were speaking and looking at the OSO thread. I came away much more knowledgable about my potential purchase after speaking with him. He deserved more than just the thank you I offered after our conversation.
Eddie, your the man!!! Thanks again for assisting me that day.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 02-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've had the pleasure of knowing Eddie for a few years now. Everytime I called if he didnt answer he called me back that night. Hell, half the time he's yellin at his dog while I'm on the phone with him! hahaha! I couldnt agree more.

Thanks Eddie!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Just Great - If Eddies head gets any bigger he is gonna tip over!

Eddie has taken care of two sets of motors for me. Always reasonably priced, always well done, and always available by phone for support. What more can you ask?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Registered

yep good guy alert!! he did my procharged 502 efi last summer -- did an awesome job - top notch plumbing ect....
Old 02-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

I fallowed threads for the last 1.5 years about him,couldnt find any negative comment about the guy ,always seemed to help even if allot of the work wasnt coming his way. Anyways I decided to have him build my engines and they should be on the dyno this coming week , getting very excited ! he needs to post some pics on here for me, talk to you later Eddie .
Old 02-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eddie is always helpful to OSO members with his knowledge & experience........a sure sign of a a good man.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

575cat is right. Because of the threads like this.They caught my attention also, and the many conversations I had with Eddie is the reason he now has my three engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.