Some good, some not so good advice. Some just taking shots at Poker, not sure why, guess just some have to.
Things to consider/do when looking at a boat.
1. List where you will boat most of time, some limited time and places you might boat in the future. A good river boat may not work well on a large lake (rough choppy conditions, if plan to go in ocean consider closed cooling or plan for heavy cleaning after every trip.)
2. How many people will be going with, any over night plans, open or enclosed head etc.
3. Have a tow truck that can safely get where you want to go. Does tow vehicle need seating for several adults/children?
4. Search, search, search on line for boats of interest.
5. If at all possible take a test ride.
6. I would not buy a boat that I could not see in person.
7. Get a survey for your final selection. (Not a dealer or owner provided survey/surveyor!)
8. In current economy do not pay asking price.