Notices

Buy or can I do better

Old 02-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerjustinhunt
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37202-en.html
I think this would be alot better choice than the Baja and seems to be priced well and has a windshield.
Agreed, I think this is a much nicer choice for the money and a similar style.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know you've spoken to the previous owner of this 272. He would be the best to advise you on this particular boat. I do think a 272 is an excellent place to start getting into performance boating.

Last edited by Baja_342; 02-25-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

I would try to find a 25 Outlaw. The Outlaw is a much better hull than the 272. Also the 25 outlaw is comparable in size because its a full 25' not including the swim platform. the 272 is including the swim platform.You dont get the windshield with the Outlaw but worth the trade off for ride. I had a 2000 25 Outlaw that i was happy with, it is a great starter boat and most importantly as far as i can remember is faster than the 272 with equal power. Im sure you can find a better deal closer than 15 hours away.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:59 PM

I luv outlaw but no windshield
Old 02-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Remember to NOT trust hour meters, if it is a FI motor have the ECM scanned. When I was looking they never matched, the most I seen was 100 hours off.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:30 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dboater1
I would try to find a 25 Outlaw. The Outlaw is a much better hull than the 272. Also the 25 outlaw is comparable in size because its a full 25' not including the swim platform. the 272 is including the swim platform.You dont get the windshield with the Outlaw but worth the trade off for ride. I had a 2000 25 Outlaw that i was happy with, it is a great starter boat and most importantly as far as i can remember is faster than the 272 with equal power. Im sure you can find a better deal closer than 15 hours away.
Excellent advise. I had a 272 with 502 mag so I have experience. The Outlaw hull is much better. AT even better.

That boat is underpowered with a 454. I would go for the Fountain with the HO over the Baja any day. Newer and much faster.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Registered

best advice I think is to at least sit in each one of these boats and figure out what YOU want, ride in as many as you can. Find one like that 272 or whatever close by if you can just to actually see it. That 27 fountain is a great boat, looks great, handles great but I personally hate the front seats and left side shifters and wouldnt want one, but thats just me, people who have them love them. Those older twin engine boats may be built better then a baja but "more then likely" will be much more expensive to maintain and arent for everyone. Thats why they make so many different ones. I had a baja H2X for 2 years and was absolutley great, put 120 hours on it and only replaced a starter and one battery then got every penny of my money back on it. If the 272 is really clean I dont think the price is far off, in 12 years a boat that was maintained compared to one that wasnt can be in 2 completely different price ranges.
BTW, I drove 12 hours each way for my first boat based on pics and was pleasantly surprised, my current checkmate I drove 7 each way and I flew to Fla from NY to look at a sunny once and didnt buy it, but it was middle of winter and I got to test drive it, realized that was the type of boat I wanted just not that particular one, worth every penny of the $400 plane ticket, left at 5am and was home by midnight seller picked me up at the airport. Have fun shopping and dont let anyone talk you out of a certain boat if you like it, most guys on here are into much more expensive nd high performance stuff then the average lake boater.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Registered

I bought a boat from GSC and although everything went great there, they didnt allow me a test ride. They put it on a prop dyno for me but that isn't the same thing. I bought it anyways and Ive had great luck with it so far. But anyhow, in the Baja forums here there is a gentlemen that was the owner that traded it in. There is a recent post on that particular boat.

Edit - (just now realized you were the one that started the topic in the Baja section. Sorry about that)
Old 02-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

fctyson the 272 is a great boat and rides great from my experience I have one and absolutely love it. BUT I believe that one is priced on the high side. If it was a bit lower then I would say get it, their great boats, but not at the current price. Find out if they are flexible with that price, especially in today's market. If not then I too agree you can get more boat with that kind of money. Even though I love mine I just can't see myself spending that kind of money for the boat especially with the deals I have seen lately. I did a quick search and found this
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37716-en.html

I'm sure there's plenty more out there too but for the price I don't personally think it's a good deal for you. Hopefully other people will chime in as well. Ultimately it's your purchase and your the one who's going to be enjoying it so as others have mentioned buy what you like and whatever boat fulfills your needs. Good luck with the boat searching!

Last edited by 272bajadriver; 02-26-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 AM

Thanks everyone. You all have good advise. I looked at that formula over and over. Everyone aside that the trailer was junk and not to travel across the country with it but u add 4-5k to the price for a trailer and it's over my budget

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.