Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kentucky Lake - Memorial weekend?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24836-kentucky-lake-memorial-weekend.html)

Cutwater 05-21-2002 04:47 AM

Kentucky Lake - Memorial weekend??

Anything going on at Kentucky Lake for the holiday? Not sure of my work schedule yet, but hope to get the boat wet this weekend for the first time since we left California last October. Somebody, please help this broke-up, old, fat guy from the left coast with some direction. Where to go, what to see etc.

Thanks all

Roger:cool:

speedbump 05-21-2002 05:08 AM

Let us know how this lake turns out...heard it can be shallow at spots. Relatives are from backwoods, appalachian coal mines (coal miners daughter has nothing on these folks). Anyhow, one day we'd like to take a trip up to see the lake.

mama tryed 05-21-2002 06:29 AM

Hello Roger, Where ya been??? Weve already had some great weekends on the water!!! The water is at 364ft. You wont have to worry about shallow areas!!!!!!
I'm not exactly sure of the weekend ittenerary,but I can tell you , the Rock Quarry is where it all will begain!!!! :D :D
Mama and I are going to LOTO, or I would hook up with ya to show you the Area!!!
When in doubt, go to the rock quarry!!!!!!!!!! Its directly across the lake from the moors resort... Its at the entrance to Pisgha bay!! [ where the boat races are held ]
I know of at least 5 members of this board that will be there:D
oh yea,,, bring your camera:D

99Hammer 05-21-2002 07:16 AM

I'll be there, Fat Daddy's (1st cove on the left after the Hwy 79/ Paris landing Bridge).

Boating Fool 05-21-2002 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The quarry will definitely being rocking this weekend. Just have some cups on board to drink a beer out of. I sure the water patrol will being watching it pretty close. I hope to be going either to Fat Daddys on Sat or Eagles Nest (Across the lake from FDs).

Here is what we'll be in

Cutwater 05-22-2002 08:51 PM

Thanks for the info! Looks like I will have to work Friday & Saturday night, but should be able to get the boat out Sunday afternoon, and be on the water all day Monday. Will see you at the Quary!

Cutwater 05-23-2002 08:50 PM

Boating Fool......
Is that the Eliminator I saw at the 'Kentuckian' a couple of months ago? Good looking boat!! Hope to see you over the weekend. I'll be in a yellow / white 23' Cobalt

Boating Fool 05-23-2002 09:44 PM

Cutwater... The Elim that you saw at Kentuckania was sold to someone up in Wisconsin. I did ride in the boat. Pretty sweet. The acceleration was out of this world. Dads is actually a new 28 ft Magic Cat.

Depending on the weather, we will be out Sat. Sunday I will be out on jet skis or esle with my cousin in their Baja 342. Could possibly be out late that day in the cat. Be around for sure on Monday. They may be the day to make a run south.

boatinbill 05-23-2002 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
To all, see you this weekend, Cutwater, probably a good thing you have to work Saturday, they are calling for rain. It is supposed to great Sunday and Monday.

Boating Fool, saw the boat on the lift at Moors a couple of weeks ago (when I was going for a ride in Mama tryed's new Sunsation) looks great. Is that your Baja for sale at Moors Road?

Should be a great weekend, Cutwater, just hook up with the biggest rafting you see in the Rock Quarry and any of us will tell you how to get around on the lake. I've boated on the lake for 25 years and have never damaged a prop while running (just a few nicks at the beach).
:( :D :)

Boating Fool 05-23-2002 10:47 PM

Yeah that Dads. Haven't had much luck with it yet. Got permission from the person that has that lot to park it out there on the weekends to get some exposure. Hopefully it will work. I am sure you will see it out there this weekend.