Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's a good price for a 28' Pantera?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/248509-whats-good-price-28-pantera.html)

Powerquest230 03-01-2011 09:38 PM

Austin,

Considering how poor the resale market currently is how about a compromise? Convert the Pantera to run on bio-diesel, create a graphics package that indentifies with (or creates) the brand image of your eco-resort, and find a way to write the conversion expenses off as marketing expenditures.
If you can get people to relate seeing the boat with your resort
and hopefully remember that "even that cool pantera runs off ______"

Just an idea and I make no claims as to the quality of this idea... :)

Austin 03-02-2011 07:13 AM

Powerquest,
I've got gas motors in now, so as far as I know, I'd have to throw diesels in there and transmissions.... $$$$ . The Pantera already gets just over 2MPG at 40mph so it's not all that bad on gas.

TexomaPowerboater 03-02-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 3339007)
I don't think you could sell it for what you owe. Maybe 40k if you are lucky.

+1,

bigboat28 03-02-2011 10:35 AM

My 99 with 502 mags sold for less than 45 in 05.

HIGH LIFE 03-02-2011 06:46 PM

Austin, I understand why you would use bio-diesel , but have you looked at outboards. P antera built a sharp boat w/ 300xs, last year. "HIGH LIFE"

gettin wet 03-02-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Powerquest230 (Post 3339596)
Austin,

Considering how poor the resale market currently is how about a compromise? Convert the Pantera to run on bio-diesel, create a graphics package that indentifies with (or creates) the brand image of your eco-resort, and find a way to write the conversion expenses off as marketing expenditures.
If you can get people to relate seeing the boat with your resort
and hopefully remember that "even that cool pantera runs off ______"

Just an idea and I make no claims as to the quality of this idea... :)

Way to be creative. Always good to write things off if we can.

Austin 03-03-2011 06:16 AM

High Life,

I think outboards use more fuel. Small displacement maxed out because they don't have the torque for the job of pushing a heavy boat around. Every outboard powered center console in the 30' size range I've seem around here get's around 1.1MPG .... I get 2.2 with the inboards- plus they ride better. Outboards are easier to maintain.

It's blowing 30knots here today and I need to go to town ... happy to have the Pantera this morning!

O.C.Barry 03-04-2011 09:09 PM

Question for Austin

Austin -

When the late Ron Doller sold my 34 Coyote back in the late 90's, we sold it to a guy named Darrington Brown in the Bahamas who was going to put outboards on the boat. Do you have any knowledge of my old Coyote or Darrington?

Austin 03-05-2011 07:32 AM

O.C., I don't ... do you know what island he was on?

O.C.Barry 03-05-2011 12:53 PM

Island

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 3342744)
O.C., I don't ... do you know what island he was on?

No Austin I don't, I figured I'd ask, I appreciate you responding.