Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is Current GOPro Being Replaced (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/248525-current-gopro-being-replaced.html)

ElimiNordic 03-01-2011 10:17 AM

Is Current GOPro Being Replaced

Went to pick up the Go Pro at Best Buy and they only had one that was an open box. Kid at the store said that inventory was gone because they are releasing a new model this month to take the place of the existing HD helmet cam. Anybody else heard that?

lotojim 03-01-2011 10:21 AM

I think the GoPro HD is going to have a LCD screen on the back so you can see what your filming. I have a add-on for it. it is nice!

newfountainguy 03-01-2011 10:37 AM

I would hold of on buying a POV cam till later this summer. There is a new brand coming out that is unbeilivable! I had a chance to demo it while i was skiing. It will be released in August/September. I will be running it on my boat all season. Stay tuned!

BLee 03-01-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by newfountainguy (Post 3338947)
I would hold of on buying a POV cam till later this summer. There is a new brand coming out that is unbeilivable! I had a chance to demo it while i was skiing. It will be released in August/September. I will be running it on my boat all season. Stay tuned!

I've also heard there are some better ones coming out soon. Smaller, lightweight ones with more features & easier to use.

carter38 03-02-2011 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 3339002)
I've also heard there are some better ones coming out soon. Smaller, lightweight ones with more features & easier to use.

What brands are they? I was just fixing to buy one I guess I'll wait.

ElimiNordic 03-02-2011 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by carter38 (Post 3339719)
What brands are they? I was just fixing to buy one I guess I'll wait.

The photo guy said to wait, that he had seen demo units and the next generation will blow you away. He was talking GoPro only I think, but it makes sense if one gets it, they all get it

brian41 03-02-2011 06:42 AM

WTF &%)#H %&FS* %#^g I bought 1 Friday

Just like when in the 80's I payed $1200.00 for my suitcase cell phone and the next month you got the same one at Big Boys with a burger and fries combo meal for free.Then a few years ago when I bought my 10K 50" plasma and 1K DVD burner. Today you get both for free if you buy a cheap 3 piece living room set. My 9 and 10 year old daughters have better electronics than I do and theirs were pennies on the dollar to what I paid.

SS930 03-02-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 3339779)
WTF &%)#H %&FS* %#^g I bought 1 Friday

Just like when in the 80's I payed $1200.00 for my suitcase cell phone and the next month you got the same one at Big Boys with a burger and fries combo meal for free.Then a few years ago when I bought my 10K 50" plasma and 1K DVD burner. Today you get both for free if you buy a cheap 3 piece living room set. My 9 and 10 year old daughters have better electronics than I do and theirs were pennies on the dollar to what I paid.

Note to self then, don't be an early adopter! :drink:

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-02-2011 09:54 AM

i dont think Dans worried about a couple Hundo for a camera ,sounds like he's itchin for one for D/S :drink: worse case sell it on ebay when the new models come out or keep it for a spare in the bedroom :eek::party-smiley-004:

Slinky 03-02-2011 10:59 AM

what did you try and were? where do you ski? i use my go pro for boarding all winter at whiteface, jaypeak and smuggs. We are going to get a second one but i'll wait for the next generation camera.