Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/248579-miami-boating.html)

ItsPeanut 03-02-2011 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3339922)
Gary, in Miami go to Miami Beach Marina and have lunch at Monty's.

I like the cocunut grove location better

Top Ven 03-02-2011 04:44 PM

We went to Monty s in Miami for lunch it was great, but it was the 1 st ti me in my boating life I paid $ 38 to park at the public dock !!!

omerta one 03-02-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Top Ven (Post 3340384)
We went to Monty s in Miami for lunch it was great, but it was the 1 st ti me in my boating life I paid $ 38 to park at the public dock !!!

Welcome to Miami, and I'm sure that was w/o tip.

And IMHO Shooter's is just about as BIG a waste of time that someone could possibly spend driving an HP boat from Miami up to PE on the outside and then having to idle for six days to get to that dump. Sorry but I've been there and my feet stuck to the "carpet", it's way past its prime.

GoFastScott 03-02-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3340582)
Welcome to Miami, and I'm sure that was w/o tip.

And IMHO Shooter's is just about as BIG a waste of time that someone could possibly spend driving an HP boat from Miami up to PE on the outside and then having to idle for six days to get to that dump. Sorry but I've been there and my feet stuck to the "carpet", it's way past its prime.

only time Shooters may be worth the time is on Sunday for the hot bod contest, other than that it takes too long to get there from anywhere. Took me 40 minutes to go from 14th st causeway in Pompano, during the week, when its not all no-wake zones. Figure 1 to 1 1/2 hrs idling each way on the weekends from either PE or Hillsboro during manatee season. In that time in good weather I can run from Hillsboro to Biscayne Bay and have some real fun

PromoProducts-BP 03-03-2011 02:38 PM

Ya, the damn no-wake zones are a pain during the season. There's talk about making the no-wake zones permanent in that area... I'm praying that's not the case. Talk about destroying some good boating.

jasonmd2 03-04-2011 05:43 PM

Honestly shooters isn't even worth it even on Sundays...was there a couple weeks ago and it was pretty week. Then add the no wake zones like others have said and it's just not worth it.

I hope to God they don't make the no wakes zones permanent, you can't get anywhere, take a whole damn day to go a few miles.

39 Unlimited 03-04-2011 06:18 PM

Long no wake zones and new engines not a good combination

rchevelle71 03-05-2011 10:57 PM

Since were all dissin' shooters, I'll join in.

Prefer Two Georges and Bananna Boat inside Boynton inlet, and the Coves restaurant in Deerfield is now also Two georges.

39 Unlimited 03-07-2011 07:19 PM

Any thoughts on Jimmy Johnson's place in Key Largo; The Big Chill?

fandango 03-07-2011 07:36 PM

Any thoughts on Jimmy Johnson's place in Key Largo; The Big Chill?

Nice spot. Upper Keys is great boating. Very shallow at JJ's dock. Dock next store at the Mexican joint and walk over.