If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    02 Advantage 30 Victory
    St Louis, MO / Table Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewr View Post
    This is going to sound crazy, but all the advice i get from my area is use Thompsons Water Seal for decks to waterproof the cover. I have yet to try it but the guys ive talked to says it works great.
    I havent ever tried it either. But it would be alot cheaper. A gal of 303 for fabric is $100. a gal of tws is 10. Just bought a gal of each the last month. For different jobs tho.

My Boats:
    13' Biel Tunnel Hull / 23' Fountain CC
    You want the chlorine whatever it is for a standard swimming pool. Should be able to find that on the web. I wouldnt do it right after you shock the pool. I learned this from my canvass guy. A kiddie pool is a great idea.
    You will have to work the air bubbles out which makes doing it in a garbage can kind of difficult. Try and "feed" the cover into the water to avoid trapping air.
    Last time I re-waterproofed my cover I used Starbrights product in a garden pump style sprayer. I was very happy with the results and its much less expensive than 303.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123