Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY! >

CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!

Notices

CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts

Thank you everyone for the good wishes. Let's all hope that the economy has turned and we can now start getting on with some of these great projects that we have had on hold.

I think Mel would be just the guy to do the initial layout and rigging on our first 28 foot modern poker run / racer.....and then add in there, his very close ties with Mercury Marine....this could be quite a package!!!!

Here is nice twin 383 Merc package Mel recently did in a 28 foot boat....now this could be a very economical, but fast 28 foot boat. This is the territory we are headed for......come on along for the ride.
Attached Thumbnails CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-img_0819.jpg   CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-img_0821.jpg   CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-ph-28drawing-rev3.jpg  

Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Congrats Charlie

Mark & Mel are a credit to the boating industry.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Thanks Joe....By the way...... these guys would be just the ones to rig your new 39 foot Banana boat for the Around Long Island Race in September.
I love the lines of that boat. Timeless.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Charlie. Best Wishes with everything. Augie
Old 03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Congrats Charlie, Mel and Mark.
I hope to see more Banana Boats around.
thanks guys. Rob hope to put you in a boat one day......stay safe, mark..

Last edited by el indio; 03-04-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Mel Riggs to the left in this photo and Dennis Weaver, "Chester" the TV star from Gunsmoke in the middle and sometimes alligator wrestler, but all time offshore champion....Odell Lewis.

I just wish I knew as much about offshore racing and rigging as these two guys have forgotten.

The color photo was taken at last year's 2010, OFF gathering of racers. They wanted three winner's of the Around Long Island race in the shot. Brownie to the left, and Odell, were the winning drivers on their wins...I was just an interested passenger and consultant.
Attached Thumbnails CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-crouse-history0008-small-.jpg   CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-off-20100001-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 03-04-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered

MARCH 12TH AND 13TH Open house at Mr Marine in Fond du Lac Wisconsin.

HORBA is doing a special for the attendees. We are bringing some of the remaining copies of John Crouse's SEARACE book to the dealership.

Here is your chance to get this never to be repeated book on offshore racing and a chance to get Mel to autograph his many photos in the book to you personally.
Attached Thumbnails CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-searace-promo0002-small-.jpg   CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-searace-promo0001-small-.jpg   CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-searace-book-019-small-.jpg  

CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-searace-book-022-small-.jpg   CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-searace-book-029-small-.jpg  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Top Banana
Thank you everyone for the good wishes. Let's all hope that the economy has turned and we can now start getting on with some of these great projects that we have had on hold.

I think Mel would be just the guy to do the initial layout and rigging on our first 28 foot modern poker run / racer.....and then add in there, his very close ties with Mercury Marine....this could be quite a package!!!!

Here is nice twin 383 Merc package Mel recently did in a 28 foot boat....now this could be a very economical, but fast 28 foot boat. This is the territory we are headed for......come on along for the ride.
outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 riggs factory trained techs.....and Melvin..riggs marine is the original reality show....cya..
Attached Thumbnails CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-mel2.jpg5.jpg   CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE McCARTHY AND THE BANANA BOAT COMPANY!-mel.jpg8002.jpg  

Last edited by el indio; 03-04-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 riggs factory trained techs.....and Melvin..riggs marine is the original reality show....cya..
+1
Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big time congrats to Charlie, Mel, and of coarse Magnum Mark. The partnership that these three fellows have put together will be the new era in powerboating for the powerboat lovin guys like myself.
The abundance of used equipment is just unbelievable. They have a warehouse full of Mercury "take offs" that just seems like it'll never end. Bellhousings, motorplates, alternators, coolers, brackets of any kind that you may need to do some of that "custom" kinda fabrication that's involved with some of the engine swap combos that we like to get ourselves involved into. The list goes on & on, and I can't even begin to describe what they've got in store, but what I can tell you guys, is that if there's "ANYTHING" and I mean anything, that you might possibly need for your boat, these guy can fill your needs.

This next weekend is their open house, and it's one that everyone should try to attend. Come and view the operation and see for yourself what I'm talkin about. It'll be a weekend well worth the trip.

Congrats again, and see you guys soon.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.