Notices

Young Owners

Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
1st, let me give boat ages. 29 was a 91, 35 was a 93, first 43 was an 01 (should have NEVER sold it) 46 was an 02, and the other 43 is a 99.

Job - At age 19 my father secured an interview for me with a Class 1 railroad as a laborer. I was hired and for the next year i swung a sledge and drove spikes into rail ties (sucked ). I then transfered to the transportation side of the company and became a locomotive engineer for the next 4 years. After that, i was hired to be a designated supt. of loco. engineers. Now i just took a promotion to K.C. to work in intermodal logistics for my company. Good pay but not much of a home life....
Chris, Congrats on your career.
My grandfather was a 50 year railroader for Southern Pacific. 30 between switchman, brakeman, and engineer, then the last 20 as Passenger Conductor on the Sunset Limited between New Orleans and Los Angeles. You have no idea of how AWESOME our trips with him on the trains were when he took us boys on train trip vacations. First class accommodations and excellent service. From New Orleans to LA, then to Frisco, Seattle to Chicago, then to St. Louis and back to New Orleans and at every station in between everyone knew Newton.
I carry his name as my middle name and hope that one of my kids will pass it on to a Grandson.
I hope you love your job as much as he did, and enjoy equally great vacations with your kids and future Grandkids.
WAY TO GO on landing your job!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Love that this thread keeps rocking. At 24 I just got my first bbc boat. '87 Force 235 with an ultra rare 454mag/alpha combo and rare because it I punch the throttle it'll blow the alpha to bits ha
Old 06-11-2012, 08:25 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

I purchased 1996 14 footer SeaRayder boat with 120 hp jet engine in March 1997 when I was 22 years old. Today, I still have that boat and still kick ass as it speeds up to 50 mph! Hell yeah!

Chris
Old 06-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

WONT COUNT WORK BOATS....... BUILT POPULAR MECHANICS 8' SKIP JACK @12
21' VELOCITY @21, 24'P/D @ 30 AND 28' SLEEKCRAFT @40 ... PROJECTS ALL
84 MPH 70MPH 65+/-
AND JUST LIKE WOMEN I MISS THE FAST &*#$ 21@21 THE MOST!!
ONLY BOAT THAT EVER SCARED ME........50d NOSE UP AT WOT BUT DIDN'T BLOW OVER

Last edited by JETTDOGG; 06-12-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: ADD
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
Chris, Congrats on your career.
My grandfather was a 50 year railroader for Southern Pacific. 30 between switchman, brakeman, and engineer, then the last 20 as Passenger Conductor on the Sunset Limited between New Orleans and Los Angeles. You have no idea of how AWESOME our trips with him on the trains were when he took us boys on train trip vacations. First class accommodations and excellent service. From New Orleans to LA, then to Frisco, Seattle to Chicago, then to St. Louis and back to New Orleans and at every station in between everyone knew Newton.
I carry his name as my middle name and hope that one of my kids will pass it on to a Grandson.
I hope you love your job as much as he did, and enjoy equally great vacations with your kids and future Grandkids.
WAY TO GO on landing your job!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Thanks Kelly. Trying to get back down to Houston area so maybe sometime in the future we can meet up and share a drink or two. Sunset Limited was a timeless train such as the Super Chief and Zephyr.