help with speaker placement >

help with speaker placement

Notices

help with speaker placement

Old 03-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capt2130
Heres what I have. I actually have 2 different sizes. This is by far more accurate and faster then any saw or rotary tool I`ve used.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/HOL...YY5?Pid=search

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/HOL...YY4?Pid=search
That is nice.. I may have to pick one of those up.. Def looks more effective than the dremel style..
Old 03-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sleev-les
That is nice.. I may have to pick one of those up.. Def looks more effective than the dremel style..
I did drill start holes and just used the bit on the hole saw as a pilot. Here`s my current project I used it on.
Attached Thumbnails help with speaker placement-picture-019.jpg   help with speaker placement-picture-020.jpg   help with speaker placement-picture-021.jpg  

Last edited by capt2130; 03-07-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by capt2130
I did drill start holes and just used the bit on the hole saw as a pilot. He`s my current project I used it on.
The subs in the rear bench will hit hard.. They make a nice enclosure. You are going to have one he// of a system..
Old 03-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

"We normally drive to the cove, shut the engine off and hang out, so the majority of listening will be while parked."

Question for those who hang out in the water or on the beach behind their boats since it seems when the music is loud enough for those in the water it is freakin too loud in the cockpit-

Has anyone found or made an enclosure that could be placed on the swim platform or sun pad that would be directed behind the boat? Is there something decent sounding that is light enough to be hung from the bimini frame? Would the sound from the internal facing and external facing speakers stay in sync or sound funky?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Registered

You could get a wake tower speaker systems. They aren't something you'd want to leave on the swim platform though. You could attatch them to a bimini though too...
Old 03-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Jassman has some sweet speakers that nor tech made that plug in and sit on the sun pad. Pretty sick
Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Registered

I don't know how excited I am to spend $150 on a tool to drill 4 holes
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
"We normally drive to the cove, shut the engine off and hang out, so the majority of listening will be while parked."

Question for those who hang out in the water or on the beach behind their boats since it seems when the music is loud enough for those in the water it is freakin too loud in the cockpit-

Has anyone found or made an enclosure that could be placed on the swim platform or sun pad that would be directed behind the boat? Is there something decent sounding that is light enough to be hung from the bimini frame? Would the sound from the internal facing and external facing speakers stay in sync or sound funky?
You could always do something permanent, like mounting speakers or HLCD's on the transom. You would probably want to have an equalizer with zone control so you can turn the transom speakers off when you're not using them.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

A few boat makers are starting to offer speakers on the back of the boat as a factory option, crownline comes to mind.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by benjdow
I don't know how excited I am to spend $150 on a tool to drill 4 holes
A jig saw with a scroll blade will work if you have enough room to turn it. It will take about one blade per hole. Go slow and try not to create too much heat the blade will last longer.

I have used a Dremel with a circle cutter and rotozip bit and it worked well. Or just use a Rotozip with a circle cutter. With these, you can set the depth and cut the panels from the back side without going through the vinyl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.