Notices

Guardian Mode Problems

Old 03-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

When I took delivery of my brand new 28 speedster with 525 efi's the guardian mode was going off in overheat and overspeed regularly. Until we got it propped correctly and put in a half inch spacer, the guardian was a saviour to me. Sounds like your system view has all the same readouts as race view. Guardian is your friend.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
14 hours.
The problems seem to be that because the engines were never registered, Mercury Racing never sent the update or recall notices on this boat. They are sending new updated computers overnight and this is supposed to take care of some of the Guardian issue's.

Hopefully you have Chris at Prestige Marine helping you out there getting these issues resolved.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ShadBurke
Hopefully you have Chris at Prestige Marine helping you out there getting these issues resolved.
Exactly, he has been a great help. He came out with us on Sunday morning and spent all day helping us. He is handling repairing the computers. He is also removing the factory mufflers and installing straight pipes to add a little sound to these engines.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCM
fast ride

Tim
oregoncustommarine.com

not a badd # at 1000 RPM
Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
not a badd # at 1000 RPM
That's what I thought. If she does that at a 1000 rpm, what will she do when we really spin her up. All we had was a cell phone with us and nobody took the time to snap a picture while we were running. Notice finger on recall button.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned

I have been running supercharged engines in boats for years and most likely have suffered some failures that a system like Guardian would have prevented. The new computers Mercury is sending us are supposed to stop some nuisance trips on the system. I guess there have been some upgrades in the last 2 years since this boat was built, but never installed since it just set and no one purchased it.

So what was the end results Dan ???? i remember reading you blew 8 days boatless but
Old 03-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Banned

So what was the end results Dan ???? i remember reading you blew 8 days boatless but
Well we laid down a 131mph pass on 89 octane and the Merc props that came with the boat. Herring is sending me a new set of props that I hope will push to 135mph or so. We are headed out tomorrow to the lake in the am to run with a good friend of mine who just picked up his new DCB 32 with twin 700sc nxt's yesterday. We are both like kids on Christmas morn. We are ready!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Banned

Well we laid down a 131mph pass on 89 octane and the Merc props that came with the boat. Herring is sending me a new set of props that I hope will push to 135mph or so. We are headed out tomorrow to the lake in the am to run with a good friend of mine who just picked up his new DCB 32 with twin 700sc nxt's yesterday. We are both like kids on Christmas morn. We are ready!
Cool sounds like they got bugz worked out , what pitch prop with that 1.35 gear ratio BIG Daddy ?
Attached Images  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 03-18-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Cool sounds like they got bugz worked out , what pitch prop with that 1.35 gear ratio BIG Daddy ?
It is a 40- 18 degree- 16.5" Merc prop. I am happy with top speed, just want more mid range and low speed take off. Once I get over 70mph it's a rocket. Takes a while to get there. I am comparing it to my smaller boats, though. When I look at this boat on the trailer, I can't believe it flys like it does.