Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Indy 500 Winner Predictions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24887-indy-500-winner-predictions.html)

Ricochet 05-21-2002 05:44 PM

Indy 500 Winner Predictions

It's Billy Boat from the back!!!

NIT2WIN 05-21-2002 06:34 PM

If Carbonell has his way it will be Priestly by a nose. Do you think they will wet the track for him?

Indy 05-21-2002 07:30 PM

I went to 10 straight Indy 500s until the split. I could care less anymore, and this is unfortunate. It was an annual pilgramage to Indy and it kicked off the summer in grand style. Its always the fan that suffers when big egos get in the way of what's the right way of doing things...hmmm sound familiar :D :confused: :D :rolleyes:

C_Spray 05-21-2002 08:52 PM

Maybe....

...things may come around in the next few years. A lot of the "big dogs" are already back this year (Penske for the second year, and Ganassi for the third, plus Team Green, Rahal, Mo Nunn, and others). Even though these teams have better resources than a lot of the IRL regulars/veterans, there's nothing like "seat time" to even the odds up. I'll pull for RP's boys, but it could be anybody's game this year.

NIT2WIN 05-21-2002 09:04 PM

I'd love to see Schumacher mix it up in the big oval for a change. Now that would be a race worth watching!:cool:

Ruben Bermudez 05-21-2002 09:49 PM

And the winner is...

Sarah Fisher.

Quarter midgets...carts...midgets...sprints.

Do I wanna see her win 'cause she's a GIRL?

No.

I wanna see here win
'cause she can spell Terra Haute,
and find it on a map.

jb 05-22-2002 12:07 AM

Now I Love the race, dont get me wrong ...but the split ruined it.

Heres some better questions,
Do ya think more than 20 cars will be on the track at the end?

How many more than 2 will be on the lead lap when the checkered barely waves at the end as the starter fell asleep for a few hours?

Dean Ferry 05-22-2002 08:00 AM

Watch Scott Sharp, his engine man, (Ilmore Engineering's Ray Gossulin) is a good friend and he's thinks Scott is going to run strong! Then again, what else is he going to say?:cool: Ray knows this chit!!
MD:D

Flyinbrian 05-22-2002 08:08 AM

The split

IRL=Imitation Racing League

The split ruined it all

If the IRL and CART came back together to form one sanctioning body, I would come back. Until then, I'll stay away from it.

Moto GP, AMA and World Superbike, ALMS, and F1 all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

Iggy 05-22-2002 08:11 AM

I'm ashaimed of myself.
Here it's Memorial Day weekend and I haven't watched or followed the time trials or anything else about the race.:(

Obviously there's some die-hard CART fans here.
I thought the IRL wouldn't make it either, until I went to an IRL race.
Was I impressed. I love the sounds, speed and competition. The sound of those flat crank V-8's is incredible. The muffled whoosh and whistle the turbo CART motors make just doesn't do it for me any more.
If the IRL would only run a few road courses............