Notices

Tampa area boating

Old 03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tampa area boating

Just inked the deal on the new boat and heading south thursday night to hook on to it.

After the sea-trial that morning, I'd like to run the boat around the bay area and maybe out to the ocean for a run along the coast for lunch.

Its a 24'er so I dont want to get into anything TOO rough my first weekend with it. Does anyone have any recommendation on a good lunch stop somewhere in the area that would get us some good boating?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nick ( Cigdaze ) can answer that one for sure.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Get James to come down to Sarasota with you on Saturday and we'll go out down here......
Old 03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Get James to come down to Sarasota with you on Saturday and we'll go out down here......
Ill see what I can do. I gotta be on the road saturday evening to get home for a class I gotta teach monday morning..

How far is the trip from tampa to sarasota? Would it be worth just trailering the boat down there and launching?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea it's less than and hour south with some great boating
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drop the boat in at Gandy, you can come down into downtown Tampa, go up the Hilsbourgh river on the right side the New Curtis Hixon Park opened up, dock there My place Taps is across the street walk over have lunch and I'll buy you a few drinks, then you can take a ride upto Ricks on the river 2 min up the river. And the you can stop in to Hulla Bay over next to the Gandy ramp.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boating37
Drop the boat in at Gandy, you can come down into downtown Tampa, go up the Hilsbourgh river on the right side the New Curtis Hixon Park opened up, dock there My place Taps is across the street walk over have lunch and I'll buy you a few drinks, then you can take a ride upto Ricks on the river 2 min up the river. And the you can stop in to Hulla Bay over next to the Gandy ramp.
That sounds like a hell of a day! Thanks for the offer! We are thinkin of leavin a day early so we can have an extra day there.. If we make it to taps, Ill look for ya.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the boat is where you told me. Your best bet will be to luanch on the intercoastal on Park Blvd. http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/10_Park_Blvd.htmTake a quick ride south on the intercoastal to Gators, have lunch and if your feeling good head out John's pass for a little run in the Gulf.

Or

http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/m...n/war_vets.pdf this Ramp might actually be close and it is a closer ride to Gators and out Johns Pass.

Last edited by jay00f4; 03-07-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Where you going to be in Tampa ? I would drop in somewhere and head over to the Clearwater area!!!! Tons to do over there......
Old 03-07-2011, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Missing a important part of the picture!! What you get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.