Notices

Ethics Question

Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1

Jupiter aka Culumbo dont quit your day job
Hey RHR you can see I edited my post, no need to steer the thread the wrong way.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Hey RHR you can see I edited my post, no need to steer the thread the wrong way.

no steering just DONT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB !!!!!

Randy/Wild hope things all work themselves out
Old 03-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobbyB
It is pretty crappy who did this. I have seen this trailer in person and it is pretty messed up.
Randy should we post pics of it?
The trailer is fine structurally, id put speedy on it right now and haul it with only 5 out of 6 good axles, its all cosmetic and some mechanical stuff, but it all adds up
Old 03-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing163.1;3345140]
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Randy I don't know you personally but I have never seen anything you have owned that wasn't perfect so I find it hard to believe that your tilt trailer was in bad shape.

No way should you be on the hook for anything and the trailer should be returned to you in the condition it was taken.

I am no Columbo but you have an MTI, your trailer therefore fits an MTI and there is only ONE out of state dealer that sells MTI's and would want to show off your trailer in Miami. That dealer needs to do the right thing and fix the trailer or atleast offer your $7500 for the rental fee

Jupiter aka Culumbo dont quit your day job
He's not talking about PIER57..... Read his post... We have our own tilt trailers, But if we did use his and messed it up, You can bet your AZZ, Woods would bring it back better than new. So keep digging boys you'll figure out who it is.

Last edited by Cash Bar; 03-09-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
Randy, for the record I think highly of you and personally think you of all people don't deserve this.

A couple years ago a very generous member here offered me one of his boats for the weekend to enjoy. Said it was sitting there and I could take it with no worries. I was very honored that he even offered. I didn't hesitate to turn down his offer for one simple reason. If a drive or motor went while I was operating the boat there was no way I could possibly afford to repair it for him. In my opinion I couldn't afford to borrow it from him regardless of his generosity.

I'm thinking your borrower was raised a little differently than some of us were.

Buck
+2!

Hell even when borrow my dads caddy for a night out on the town with my wife cause the truck is too big to be downtown i return it washed, waxed and with a full tank of gas! And i can say that all my friends are the same way in regards to eachothers property. If my buddy from Tampa fly's in for the weeknd and needs to borrow my truck i throw the keys and let him know where the ins card is...i dont have to worry about the truck coming back any less then the way it left.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fireguy
"So my question is, should i just bend over and pay for it or what, what would you do?"

Hell no!!!

I agree with mwinn1. Anytime i have borrowed anything I have returned it in the same or better condition. I have also been burned by people borrowing my stuff. Which, is why I no longer loan hardly anything to anyone, and I am more than a little hesitant to borrow anything.

The trailer was their responsibility while it was in there care and they should be responsible for any subsequent damages. Good Luck and if they don't make it right, screw em any and every way you can.
X 100! Good luck! If I borrowed sump'n from somebody & it broke/failed on my shift, it's my responsibility!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by cdowns

He's not talking about PIER57..... Read his post... We have our own tilt trailers, But if we did use his and messed it up, You can bet your AZZ, Woods would bring it back better than new. So keep digging boys you'll figure out who it is.
Note my original post was edited...... RHR was stirring the pot!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I borrowed a members trailer last year to pick up my new boat in LOTO, this member keeps his stuff in beyond perfect condition as do I. I haul it there and back no issues, then I am going to my parents and I blow a tire, it in turn took out the tail light. I repalced the whole tail light and replaced the tire washed and waxed the trailer and polished the tires and wheels and returned it. The owner tried to give me half the money for the tire and tail light I said are you kidding me? There is no way I am taking money from you. If anyhting I owe you! Point is you use it you repair it.

Last edited by sunsation96; 03-08-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
The trailer is fine structurally, id put speedy on it right now and haul it with only 5 out of 6 good axles, its all cosmetic and some mechanical stuff, but it all adds up
Yes i know its fine. I saw it when i was there last month and have a few pics on my phone of the problems.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

That sucks!! Hopefully they make it right because it is a small world!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.