Notices

Ethics Question

Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I borrowed a pickup once when I was in a bind, worked out of it for a month. The tires were slick when I borrowed it, the transmission went out the last 3 days I was borrowing it. I brought it back with 4 new buckshot mudders and a new transmission. The guy was shocked I did to it what I did. He told me if he has anything I ever needed just come get it from now on. I felt real good bringing his truck back to him.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 03-08-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy once you out them the bad publicity will cost them a lot more in the long run.....and it will probably save some others more than that warning them of this persons ethics!

They should pay up...At least they should offer!
Old 03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Registered

Don't know the name of this business but I know everything I need to about the owner:

He has no morals.

He doesn't value the friendship of the man who did him this favor.

He must not believe that the value of his good name is worth at least 7500 bucks.

In short he is a no good piss ant motherf*****.!!
Old 03-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Definitely not the guy id want to buy a $700,000 cat from. As soon as something happened ....sorry not my problem
Old 03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 418 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I borrowed a pickup once when I was in a bind, worked out of it for a month. The tires were slick when I borrowed it, the transmission went out the last 3 days I was borrowing it. I brought it back with 4 new buckshot mudders and a new transmission. The guy was shocked I did to it what I did. He told me if he has anything I ever needed just come get it from now on. I felt real good bringing his truck back to him.
It sounds like the real damage happened after the trailer was returned and was driving down the road. Would if you would have returned the truck, and then sometime after that the transmission would have gone bad. Would you still have fixed it? I dont know you, but I kind of doubt it.

It is possible that two very good people with the right intentions can see things from different perspectives. It does not make one right and the other wrong at all, as they both can be right from thier perspective. Good people can agree to disagree and still respect each other.

If the damage occured when under the control of the guy that borrowed it, it would be a slam dunk decision. Since teh majority of the damage happened after control was handed over, it gets to be pretty gray. With the assumption that both are good people (Wild would not have lent it out if he thought any different, I would assume), I bet that they work it out. The right answer to most conflicts, whatever it is, is usually somewhere in the middle. Sometimes the hardest thing to overcome, even more than money, is principal, and I would hate to see a friendship end over principal.

Just my two cents, and well overpriced at that!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered

No need to over complicate this.

Its all very simple and sportsman like.

Return loaned things in a state better or equal to what you borrowed them in along with a thank you note and at minimum bottle of Jack - and your credit stays good.

Sounds to me like your generosity was taken advantage of and Id give the guy 1 week to make good before you out his douchebaggery on OSO.

Hes hosed you already unless he has some possible reason which at this stage seems unlikely. YOu dont have anything more to lose but he does.

Bummer.

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 03-08-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Registered

That just sucks...Hope it works out for the better.
Your a better man than I. I don't think I would have let someone borrow my trailer.

Last edited by Back4More; 03-08-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
That just sucks...Hope it works out for the better.
Your a better man than I. I don't think I would have let someone borrow my trailer.
I would loan someone my trailer.

I loan and borrow high end things all the time.

I loan one set of toys for another.

I loaned out my toy-hauler and 2 quads and pickup for a weekend, and in exchange I borrowed a deck-boat from a friend for a weekend so I could "show up" at a kids birthday party with enough boating seats for 15 people.

For me 99% of the time it works out because its reciprocal. I return things in better shape than when I borrow them and so do my real friends and long time business acquaintances.

Even with these friends there is a no "first time" policy.

the list is very short though and with that few I have had -0- problems

(note I didnt say nothing ever needed fixing I said I had no problems. )

Part of being sportsmanlike is that if your loaned goodie gets broken you cant whine at all if it ultimately gets fixed properly.

no whiney bee-othches

Uncle Dave
Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
That's not true. When you entrust someone with your property they have a duty care and a responsibility over that property.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailment

Also, there is something called a "quasi-contract" or a contract in law that could impose penalties on the defendant in court for their wrongful actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasi-contract
Don't you practice law, or are a law student? Didn't they teach you that the only thing that is black in white in law is the paper its printed on?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I would loan someone my trailer.

I loan and borrow high end things all the time.

I loan one set of toys for another.

I loaned out my toy-hauler and 2 quads and pickup for a weekend, and in exchange I borrowed a deck-boat from a friend for a weekend so I could "show up" at a kids birthday party with enough boating seats for 15 people.

For me 99% of the time it works out because its reciprocal. I return things in better shape than when I borrow them and so do my real friends and long time business acquaintances.

Even with these friends there is a no "first time" policy.

the list is very short though and with that few I have had -0- problems

(note I didnt say nothing ever needed fixing I said I had no problems. )

Part of being sportsmanlike is that if your loaned goodie gets broken you cant whine at all if it ultimately gets fixed properly.

no whiney bee-othches

Uncle Dave
Good point Unc, When we going to swap old ladies for a weekend? Take a few video's and put them on the hunting chanel or wild world of sports.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.