Notices

What would you guys do?

Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts
Default What would you guys do?

Long story but I will try to make as short as possible..

3 years ago a buddy of mine was looking at a boat,a guy from IL had just moved to Florida and towed his boat down there,My buddy and I went down there and looked at it,boat was all he said it was,boat looked brand new,spottless,well they could not agree on a price so the deal never happened.

Fast forward 3 years,I get a phone call from another friend that happens to work for the guy with the boat in Florida and tells me the boat is still available and he dropped the price,I call the seller that also owns a boat building business and we talked and tells me he only has put on the boat 5 hours since I saw it and has no time for it and want to sell it,assures me its in the same great condition as when I saw it last.
We make a deal I sell my boat drive down to Florida with a buddys dually to pay and bring the boat back home,
when we got there we had to wait outside in the street because he was 1/2 hour late.ok no big deal,

he finally shows up and takes us to the boat,I felt like puking the boat looked like it ages 20 years,he told me he had to boat detailed,BULLCHIT,got in the boat,it smells like chit and one of the throw rugs in the cabin was melted in the carpet from the heat,tryed starting the engines,neither engine would start,you could smell the fuel and I would bet that fuel was from 3 years ago,I tell him how shocked I was and that he misled me,he tell me to go on my way and to save my receipts and he will pay me for the gas,I told him how the whole deal was BS and I did not have any receipts because I payed with cash,2 weeks later and nothing no money for gas as he promised,wont even answer the phone,

he runs another busines 2 miles down from me in IL,dont really care to make this a bigger deal then it is but Im pissed,the guy lied,and I also sold my boat.

Need advice.

maybe will bring out names later on.

Last edited by boatnt; 03-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing....,,,, next time have someone from this site put hands and eyes on the boat.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt

Need advice.

Go buy a boat.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Look at the upside - cash in your pocket and a great economy to be buying in!!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll be better off to let it go for your on sake. Doesn't mean the guy isn't a jackwagon and untrustworthy. Some people I don't understand. I looked at a seller's motorcycle pics one time. Specifically asked if bike had been wrecked. "no, no, bike is perfect". Five hour drive to find a bike that had been laid down. I really feel for you cause your boatless now.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Ya gotta let it go and be glad that you didn't buy the boat sight unseen on his word.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:23 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

It sucks.......nothing you can do though. That's why I've been a 2 boat owner the last couple times I switched. Bought the new boat after I knew what I was getting, THEN sold the old one.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered

Yea I know,just hated when someone lies
Old 03-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Go buy a boat.
that part is allready done thanks!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by budd
Nothing....,,,, next time have someone from this site put hands and eyes on the boat.
you are 100% correct,I hate to say this but you just cant trust anyone these days,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.