Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain. >

Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.

Notices

Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.

Old 05-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Uncle Toys

Default Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.

Just back in the office after Skaterfest. What an incredible experience! What with all the awesome boats, meeting all the OSO people, beautiful Joizy, etc, etc. But the most impressive thing about the weekend was T2x.

I have been around many successful individuals in my day and they all have a common thread, they all chafe at any obstacle that impedes their forward progress. But when T2x changed the weather Saturday, you had to be impressed!

When I first arrived at Skaterfest Saturday morning, T2x was noticeably irritated with the uncooperative - mother nature. She was was cold, windy, and raining. Although none of the attendants appeared to mind, we were all to busy enjoying the boats, friends, and legends at hand. T2x was obviously unhappy. Next thing I knew, he disappeared for a while and the rain stopped! When T2x reappeared he was substantially more calm and satisfied looking. Very impressive T2x!

I have a bunch of pictures to sift through today. Will try and give commentary where I can remember something useful. But I want to start off with a funny story.

Sunday, after changing the weather again (he arranged for blue skies and sunny), T2x motioned me over to Bud’s awesome 36’ Skater, “On the Prowl,” for a ride. Unfortunately I had just started saying my goodbyes as I had an early plane to catch. So T2x said to go get Too Old. Here is a couple of pictures of Too Old sitting in my seat – damn! You should have seen the look on his face sitting in that seat waiting to leave. He looked like a little kid just chosen by Santa to ride on the sleigh.
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.-sf13.jpg  

Old 05-20-2002, 11:38 AM
Uncle Toys

Thats Too Old in the back on the port side.
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.-sf14.jpg  

Old 05-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Uncle Toys

Hold on tight Too Old!

p.s. That's T2x at the throttles and Bud, the owner, at the wheel.
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.-sf16.jpg  

Old 05-20-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uncle Toys ~

BOY, You sure do get around! I had no idea you were going to the Skaterfest. You should have just hopped on a plane or a train, and moseyed down this way to LOTO!!

Looks like you had a great time.

Hey, when you get a sec, I sent you an e-mail regarding your address. I have something to mail to you and want to send it off before I leave for the weekend. THanks dahling!!
Old 05-20-2002, 11:44 AM
Uncle Toys

Special thanks to Philip (my mentor) for talking me into coming out for this get together. Philip, here is the picture you told me to take. Thought it would be much better if you did the commentary here and told the board who all is in this boat.
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.-sf15.jpg  

Old 05-20-2002, 11:46 AM
Uncle Toys

Here I am behind the wheel of Bud's boat. Honey, look what followed me home - can I keep it?
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.-sf1.jpg  

Old 05-20-2002, 11:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was great to meet you uncle toys, How was your fly home.

mike
Old 05-20-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uncle Toys,

GREAT MEETING YOU! Didn't know we had so much in common. I'll help you out with the faces.

Standing on the deck of his Pleasure 46 is Pat Patel
Seated at the controls is, engine builder, host, throttleman and overall boat extraordinaire Doug Lewis.
Standin in the back in the yellow and red jacket is designer and builder of the Shadow Cat, Challenger, Chris Cat and others, offshore legend George Lindner.
To George's left, (our right) is THE ONE AND ONLY PETER HLEDIN!
The other guys I cannot make out, maybe 36Spectre?
Puder, sorry I missed you!
Old 05-20-2002, 12:24 PM
Uncle Toys

Here is a picture of On the Prowls engines. These are 1,000hp monsters WITHOUT blowers. Bud commissioned Doug Lewis to build him big horsepower, without blowers, that would last at least 200 hours. Those are the electronic marvels he came up with. 640ci with the ability to switch to 87 octane if necessary - while on the water. Wow, should have heard them purr around the dock.
Attached Thumbnails Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.-sk19.jpg  

Old 05-20-2002, 12:43 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The gentleman partially hidden by Pat Patel is Mike D'anniballe of Sterling Engines................. He's shy...and a little party'd out, I'm sure.

T2x

Quick Reply: Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.