Notices

Marco Island Info

Old 03-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marco Island Info

Looking at some property on Marco Island and would like to get some pro's and con's, anybody have property down there and can give me the goods and bads ?

Thank you

Last edited by laszlo01; 03-07-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check w/ Bob the Builder!!!! good luck!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Looking at some property on Marco Island and would like to get some pro's and con's, anybody have property down there and can give me the goods and bads ?

Thank you
My Best Friend has a home on the water right over the bridge on North Collier and he loves it there,, its a winter home for him. he is out of NJ.

He also is selling a second home on the water on the other side of the canal from his house, just redid the inside of it this winter.

Thank You - Good Luck.
Jim
Old 03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hans Haedelt (Rockstrmkr on OSO) is the owner of ibr Realty on Marco. He knows what he is talking about and will steer you right.

Reach him at [email protected]

TC
Old 03-07-2011, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01

Thank you
I love Marco island. I've had a condo on the beach here for 20 years.
My passion of coarse is offshore boating so it's easy to go up and down the Gulf coast. Also lots of protected waters to run in when windy like today. Key West and the Keys are only an hour and a half away on a good day. Our local offshore boat club in SW Florida is Ft Myers Offshore and we do 6 events each season. I've made a lot of great friends thru the club. Check out www.ftmyersoffshore.org
Here are some of my likes. We are as far south as you can get on the Gulf coast. It can be 5 to 10 degrees warmer here than say Tampa / Clearwater to the north and a few degrees warmer than Ft Myers on any cool winter day. For some reason the sun shines here a lot. I cannot count the times when I have stepped off a plane in Ft Myers, Ft Lauderdale or Miami when it was overcast, only to arrive at a sunny Marco Island. I'm serious and cannot explain it. Beautiful homes here, great beaches, sunsets to die for, I could go on. So for me it's the weather, great boating and the Island is clean and safe. Just drive down Collier Blvd. In the last several years some great restaurants have opened up and the Esplanade complex is really cool where we bring the FMO group for our annual New Years day fun run. Nearby Naples also has a lot to offer, restaurants on and off the water, shopping for the ladies at the Coastland Centre and is only 30 minutes away.
Some find it too quiet here so if your a major party animal Marco / Naples may not have enough to offer. For me the quality of life and the things I mentioned, make it a great place to have a seasonal home.
If you need any assistance with your real estate needs I can highly recommend Hans Haedeldt who is real estate broker ( IBR Real Estate ) here on the Island. He is known as rockstrmkr here on OSO and is a director for FMO. PM me if you would like his contact info. He will not steer you wrong.
All the best,
Bob Barnhart
Attached Thumbnails Marco Island Info-marco-sunset.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-08-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob well said. Laszlo buy the house and bring the boat down and run some fmo events you will love it. Btw I will have a new toy this year for your leopa runs bill...
Old 03-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

My wife and i have been visiting Marco for the past 5yrs and love the place. I honestly have not yet found a bad thing about the place. I am normally one that does not like going back to the same place over and over again but we just cant get enough of the place! Hopefully in the very near future we will be buying a condo or something for a get-a-way place

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CanDo
How are the summers there?
Very hot and very humid.

God awful!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ApachePete
Very hot and very humid.

God awful!
Agree. I would not want to life here year round. That is the time to be in Canada.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything going to be going on the last week of March?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.