Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO get together for Smoke on the Water weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24922-oso-get-together-smoke-water-weekend.html)

Red Stripe 05-24-2002 12:50 AM

Originally posted by RonS
Since all of you are going to be there anyhow, why don't some of you buddy up and enter the run, that would help minimize the cost. Not sure who's got what for boats but if mactonite's got a 29 powerquest and Jafo's 28 Active thunder thats at least eight of you that could split costs for the run in those two boats.

Just a thought:)

If someone has the cash burning a hole in there pocket for the entry fee, and has a boat big enough to run on the big lake, then I will be more than happy to tag along for the ride :eek: :D
Seriously though, Out of my league, BIG TIME:eek: :D :p

ActiveThunderTodd 05-26-2002 10:23 AM

We're still not sure if we're going over or not. I think if the weather looks good for a boat trip across then we may join up with Ron and boat across. Other wise I don't think we would go over then.

Ron I'm sending u a PM as well.

BTJ88 05-27-2002 09:42 PM

BoatMe - What about being a volunteer?

KAAMA 05-27-2002 10:06 PM

Dang....I wished my boat was in running condition---that way I would either love to watch from my boat or participate in the SOTW poker run. Well, we're trying to get the boat finished soon I hope. Anyway, I will be around the docks at the harbor site....it would be nice to meet all of you OSO guys.

Lake Michigan weather was fantastic on Sunday and Monday....the lake had laid right down with hardly any wind at all. I saw several offshore boats out of St.Joseph, Michigan today (Monday) including a 42' Tiger. It was all white with the American flag painted all over it----looked good and sounded good---didn't know where he came from but saw him in the St.Joe River heading out to the Lake---he went North towards South Haven.

Rambunctious 05-28-2002 08:06 AM

maybe an informal meeting time of 12:00-12:30 on the wall in Grand Haven. bring your weenies, burgers and little grills for lunch?

as previously posted, we are watching them arive and depart from Holland, then heading to Grand Haven to await their final return. We should be in Grand Haven around 12:00 or so?

Kaama, you are welcome to hook up with us if you feel the need to get on the big lake. My Formula isn't as fast as your boat, but it WILL be floating that day:D . Maybe even Waterfoul will have things running, otherwise I'm sure he will be with us too.

MACTONITE 05-28-2002 02:53 PM

HAVE BOAT, LOOKING FOR PAYING RIDERS!

HEY THERE FOLKS, HAVE A BOAT AND 2 PEOPLE, LOOKING FOR 2 MORE EXPERIENCED FUN BOATERS(MALE OR FEMALE) TO SHARE EXPENSES WITH. BOAT IS A 29 POWERQUEST AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT SHE SHOULD HANDLE THE LAKE FINE AS LONG AS THE WIND DOESN'T REAR IT'S UGLY HEAD TO BAD! WOULD LIKE TO SECURE PLANS ASAP! HAVE LODGING ALREADY RESERVED IN TOWN. PLEASE, ANY OTHER "SERIOUS" BOATERS THAT WANT TO GO TO THIS EVENT BUT DON'T HAVE A RIDE CONTACT MIKE AT 248-866-2530. LEAVE A MESSAGE IF I DON'T ANSWER, WILL RESPOND ASSAP. THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME EVENT! CATCH YOU LATER!

Intolerant1 05-28-2002 05:22 PM

Sounds like those of us spectating will be pretty spread out on Saturday. Anyone interested in meeting at the south end of the route let me know. We can exchange cell numbers or other means of contact.

Maybe Sunday would be better for a group get together. Again, I think of the cove on the river leading to Saugatuk as wavews wont be an issue.

Playn 05-28-2002 05:40 PM

Originally posted by Intolerant1
Sounds like those of us spectating will be pretty spread out on Saturday. Anyone interested in meeting at the south end of the route let me know. We can exchange cell numbers or other means of contact.

Maybe Sunday would be better for a group get together. Again, I think of the cove on the river leading to Saugatuk as wavews wont be an issue.

Were planning on being in Douglas/Saugatuk on Saturday. Might go up to Grand Haven on Sunday.

dyno 05-29-2002 11:28 AM

I'll be at the north end waiting at WhiteLake I'll run back with them to G.H anyone else want to run along let me know...cell phone # 616-403-4482 or radio channel 69 call for Liberty 2 . I rack store in Muskegon I will make a run down to G.H on friday night to check things out (weather permitting) or take the truck down... maybe we can hook up at GreatLakes with Crazyhorse and SuperV on Friday anyone interested?????

Wally 05-29-2002 11:54 AM

Well.......I have been bought out of my Scarab! :( But i will be on It for the Smoke On the Water Run!!! :D And there is also one possibly two spots open on the boat!!! So if anyone wants to chip in for the cost of the run (split equally of course) Let me know ASAP and anyone whos there stop by and say HI!!!! :D
Look for Stress Test at Grand Haven on Fri. :D