Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   PRA Cape Coral Season Opener 03-12-2011 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/249259-pra-cape-coral-season-opener-03-12-2011-a.html)

Airpacker 03-14-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 3349747)
Of course. What else would it be at 7:30 in the a.m.?

That depends. Did you go to sleep Friday night? If not, I have my suspiscions :)

LaughingCat 03-14-2011 09:08 AM

Taxi-ing to the runway

[youtube]FFv5H_zPV6g[/youtube]

LaughingCat 03-14-2011 09:08 AM

Quads running

[youtube]KC8DhQ-9x3Y[/youtube]

bluellama 03-14-2011 09:09 AM

Love it.

I really wish Alec could learn to relax and enjoy himself more when he's on the water ..... :party-smiley-048:

Hey where did it go ????

LaughingCat 03-14-2011 09:09 AM

Those we all photos/videos from my iPhone. Will have the GoPro editing tonight.

Airpacker 03-14-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3349108)
Catastrophe..Cigdaze..Laughingcat..plus 6 on board...had a fabulous day . Tons of laughs and comraderie.

Sorry I couldn't make it this time Pal. It sure looks like your weather was nicer than ours. Hopefully next time.

PS, the ice is starting to thin up here :)

LaughingCat 03-14-2011 09:13 AM

Running and drinking the Gatorade

[youtube]HvWE3iI7JZ4[/youtube]

check out the perfect interval YouTube decides to grab a frame from.

CigDaze 03-14-2011 09:15 AM

Great stuff, Jon. Thanks again. I have to get myself one of those go-pros. Too friggin' cool.

Sean, it was one of two bolts holding on the forward-side steering stabilizer bars on the outboard-most port-side engine. I was surprised to discover a bolt that has threads all the way up to the head, versus a shoulder bolt. I don't like to see threads loaded in shear.

Airpacker 03-14-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 3349829)
Great stuff, Jon. Thanks again. I have to get myself one of those go-pros. Too friggin' cool.

Sean, it was one of two bolts holding on the forward-side steering stabilizer bars on the outboard-most port-side engine. I was surprised to discover a bolt that has threads all the way up to the head, versus a shoulder bolt. I don't like to see threads loaded in shear.

That sucks but at least its not another prop and shaft on the bottom.

LaughingCat 03-14-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 3349845)
That sucks but at least its not another prop and shaft on the bottom.

I turned my head once I hear the screw pop. The outboard was wobbling and ready to head East for a sunset view. Good thing Alec shut it down. if the second bolt had popped from the wobbling and extra torque, that engine would have hit the next one, and so on, and so on.

I expect Nor-Tech will get on the phone with Mercury about sending threaded bolts for all future steering systems.

(PS: everyone with this set-up should get the bolts inspected and changed if needed. See Nick's advice above on getting bolts with shoulders.)