Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Progressive Ins. wants to buy my boat??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/249333-progressive-ins-wants-buy-my-boat.html)

rchevelle71 03-17-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jesse James (Post 3350548)
Audio fin summed it up pretty well.... they will either offer the customer a choice of the boats they found and the price they can be bought for or a check for an equal amount.... it sounds as if the policy was an actual cash value policy and not an agreed value policy so they are most likely trying to establish the acv so they can settle the claim...

Sounds like you got it, although I didnt verify what type of policy it was, I spoke to the guy at progressive, he is going to do the payout, and have the guy call me, we'll see if he wants the boat or just the $$

DollaBill 03-17-2011 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by twin screws (Post 3350035)
Do you know who ownes Pregressive, be careful dealing with left wing loons.

thanks for the laugh. I needed that today. Dare I evev ask.... wat does the politics of the us have to do with this --- more than likely --- scam? Lmao.

ElimiNordic 03-17-2011 03:54 PM

Robert,
Are you on a conspiracy theory kick? John just bought a new 32 DCB with twin 700sc's and we are getting ready for summer. I will call you and we will all get together for a ride. :coolcowboy::boat:

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-17-2011 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by antisocial (Post 3350433)
Dont do the wire thing have them bring CASH and then we will see how serious they are. I one had check wired from a bank and I was there when they did it and there was a problem a few days later and they ripped the money out of my account. Was selling a car for my bro in law.....Took 1 week I had to go to his house with the flatbed and threaten him Bingo cash in hand.:drink:

have to move that $$$ out of there as soon as you know the wire landed :drink:

Turbojack 03-19-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 (Post 3353053)
have to move that $$$ out of there as soon as you know the wire landed :drink:

What if you open a special account to have the money wired too, then when it is there you release boat and sign title over. Then go and pull money out and close account. Anyone know a reason not to do that? Better then carrying big $$ around with you.

thedonz 03-19-2011 10:58 AM

Tj,

the problem is that your bank will require you to return the cash to the account or will sue you if you don't....there are all kinds of scams these days with certified checks, your bank shows the money in the account, you take it, then a few weeks later, bank calls and tells you the cc was not legit and you need to return the funds......law allows that in Fla.....be extra careful, I call the issuing bank and have them confirm that the cc is valid before I transfer funds out of the account relating to the cc............wires are a little different, but also not 100% safe.........

TeamSaris 03-19-2011 05:18 PM

He just built a house up near me...everyone says hes a real nice guy