Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Factory 2 - Somethings Fishy (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24934-factory-2-somethings-fishy.html)

NYSpeeddemon 05-22-2002 01:01 AM

Factory 2 - Somethings Fishy

First I would like to say i am new to the site and I think it's great. I have been reading all of the posts regarding the SBI race and the possibility of cheating. I have been jumping back and forth from the SBI site to the APBA site and I must say it does appear there may be something going on. If you look at the average speeds of F-2 in SBI and F-2 in APBA there is a susbstancial differance actually 5 tp 6 MPH. From talking to people at both events the water was about the same. NOW HERE IS THE INTERSTING PART! Muscle Racing is a SUPER V with (Twin 1000s I believe). Invensys Fountain is a factory 2 with (twin 500's). Now there average speed is only 2 miles an hour less then the super V's. I have a hard time with this. I am dialing in my 37 Outerlimits with twin staggered 500 efi's. I am planing to start racing it in June in SBI. I promise you, If they want my boat in there circuit the first 3 boats are going to be dynoed or I will be putting up my checkbook for The $2500 to have the winners motors torn down. I did not just get done spending over $400k to get beat by racer's using questionble methods or "Bumping it up" as another member referred to in an earlier post.

SUPER V WINNER AVG.SPEED
V-2 Muscle 84.9 85.5 83.7 86.1 27.0 85.11

FACTORY 2 WINNER AVG. SPEED
F2-15 Invensys Fountain 83.2 84.6 85.2 79.4 27.0 83.08

Goodfella 05-22-2002 08:09 AM

Hey NY Speed!
From one Joizy boy to an otherWELCOME TO THE BOARD! FYI The Muscle is running Mercury Racing Super
Vee Class engines. The dyno at approx 750 HP. :cool:

Rico's Revenge 05-22-2002 09:33 AM

NYSpeedDemon...I put a post on here a couple days ago, asking about F2 speeds, I'll bring it back to the top...I asked questions with specifics and got NO answers. Take a look at it, as an ex(it makes the g/f happy to hear that) F2 racer, I found it to be interesting when my friend in SC-Lite told me he got passed by an F2. Ummmm.....big question mark.

Ruben Bermudez 05-22-2002 12:21 PM

More Questions...

Did your pal in the SClite fuel up for a full allotment of laps
on saturday, and then find the races had been cut short due to weather on sunday?

And could he have propped for the reported 2-3ft chop,
and found the race course glass smooth
with the occasional roller?

LOOKED like a F2 boat out there attempting to burn off fuel ?
an hour or so before the green flag dropped...
the stuff weighs what, 6-7lbs a gallon?

Boat Girl 05-22-2002 01:41 PM

Ruben, you were there and you didnt stop by and say hello...next time stop by registration...Yup you are right that an F2 boat was out running, I think for the reason that you stated...but the water did calm down, glass would be a good description...Saturday however, it was a little different...wouldnt you say...

Rico's Revenge 05-22-2002 02:02 PM

Hey Reuben...

My friend made it a point to look at the GPS when this happened, it was in triple digits. So, fuel or not, small wheels or not, the F2s were screaming.

Ruben Bermudez 05-22-2002 04:48 PM

Simple physics?

Soooo, a lighter boat will accelerate faster than a heavier one?

And I counted the blades on the props on one of those
F2 boats, it had five...and they were real high up,
and real close together.

And the only people I see complaining about it
seem to be racing in other organizations,
or other classes...humnnn.

BG, I don't want what happened to Goodfella
to happen to me...
I stay in the concrete reinforced bunker
500ft below the old thunderboat row,
and only go out wearing my disguise.

Boat Girl 05-22-2002 04:53 PM

I see your point, Goodfella and I do have differing opinions, but I respect them...As a matter of fact sometimes we have differing opinions, but I respect them as well...

Ruben Bermudez 05-22-2002 05:33 PM

simple

If there were no differences of opinion,
there'd be no need for this
message board.

I'd be bored spitless
if everybody agreed with me.

That's why I got married...
so I'd have somebody to argue with
who'd still go home with me.

Rico's Revenge 05-22-2002 05:47 PM

Re: Simple physics?

Originally posted by Ruben Bermudez
Soooo, a lighter boat will accelerate faster than a heavier one?

And I counted the blades on the props on one of those
F2 boats, it had five...and they were real high up,
and real close together.

And the only people I see complaining about it
seem to be racing in other organizations,
or other classes...humnnn.

BG, I don't want what happened to Goodfella
to happen to me...
I stay in the concrete reinforced bunker
500ft below the old thunderboat row,
and only go out wearing my disguise.

Simpler physics...on a straight away, acceleration has what to do with what? The GPS says 100+ and you're being passed by an F2. Why do SBI people have to be DICKS whenever a question is asked?