Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/249423-class-1-cat-complete-outerlimits-eyes-v-bottom-kilo-record.html)

DollaBill 03-16-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer35 (Post 3351508)
pretty sure they dont need the help, but it is awesome to see two of the best like that

There's several threads about this already. Bottom line is they couldn't break it when the attempted last time and they have had 6 years to try again. Those are facts and are clear. So, obviously, they can use help from the guy who currently holds the record.

precisiondetails 03-16-2011 12:41 PM

U would think they didn't need Reggies help considering they have had 7 years of developing new technology and having 500 more horse power, bud yes OL and Mike need Reggies help anytime they can get it when it comes to speed and performance!

thisistank 03-16-2011 01:48 PM

what a difference a year makes, indeed! I had a feeling this would be in the works. ;)

http://www.powerboatmag.com/time-for...;-3/24/10.html

Glad to hear the OL camp are eye balling this record again. The rivelry made for some good reading and story telling around the dock back then!

Good luck to all involved. Be safe!

Mastercraft240 03-16-2011 02:06 PM

Not so sure Reggie will be helping OL beat the record. Don't forget, Reggie has his own thing, RF Powerboats, going into place. If OL breaks the record, it'll be on their watch with Mike Fiore on the throttles, Fiore working the CG, and Fiore tweaking the set up. I'm also not convinced that OL couldn't beat the record 6 years ago-- I'm not saying they could have either. Reggie dumped ALOT of money to beat that record and he went bankrupt because of it....... not that other things didn't play a part as well. OL is still going strong..... I mean that shop is BUSY building I don't know how many boats and servicing/upgrading others as well. From a financial and business perspective it wasn't in the cards for them. Now it is. Why put a "it took 6 years to do it" or "If they break it, its because reggie helped" (no-one actually said this, yet). I hope they do break it..... that way reggie will REALLY step up his game!

DollaBill 03-16-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240 (Post 3351850)
Not so sure Reggie will be helping OL beat the record. Don't forget, Reggie has his own thing, RF Powerboats, going into place. If OL breaks the record, it'll be on their watch with Mike Fiore on the throttles, Fiore working the CG, and Fiore tweaking the set up. I'm also not convinced that OL couldn't beat the record 6 years ago-- I'm not sayingp they could have either. Reggie dumped ALOT of money to beat that record and he went bankrupt because of it....... not that other things didn't play a part as well. OL is still going strong..... I mean that shop is BUSY building I don't know how many boats and servicing/upgrading others as well. From a financial and business perspective it wasn't in the cards for them. Now it is. Why put a "it took 6 years to do it" or "If they break it, its because reggie helped" (no-one actually said this, yet). I hope they do break it..... that way reggie will REALLY step up his game!

I said it. and its facts. hopefully its a safe and successful attempt. the financial commitment to breaking the record had no bearing on the demise of fpb.

ApachePete 03-16-2011 04:47 PM

Would somebody PLEASE take Reggie to a good barber?

Or even a bad one.:party-smiley-004:

47EXCALIBUR 03-16-2011 05:09 PM

they will easily break the record and it has nothing to do with Reggie,,, it has to bo with the guy on the far right,,Mike Faucher who is the engine builder OL hired...OL is going for the record in their current race boat and putting the engines in that they posted on Youtube that make 1800+hp....

DollaBill 03-16-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 47EXCALIBUR (Post 3351985)
they will easily break the record and it has nothing to do with Reggie,,, it has to bo with the guy on the far right,,Mike Faucher who is the engine builder OL hired...OL is going for the record in their current race boat and putting the engines in that they posted on Youtube that make 1800+hp....

You can put 3600 hp in a bath tub. Doesnt mean it will go fast

dfealy 03-16-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3352031)
You can put 3600 hp in a bath tub. Doesnt mean it will go fast

Oh yes it will! The question is will it go fast enough to break the Fountain record? That's better said.