Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record >

Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record

Notices

Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record

Old 03-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

U would think they didn't need Reggies help considering they have had 7 years of developing new technology and having 500 more horse power, bud yes OL and Mike need Reggies help anytime they can get it when it comes to speed and performance!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

what a difference a year makes, indeed! I had a feeling this would be in the works.

http://www.powerboatmag.com/time-for...;-3/24/10.html

Glad to hear the OL camp are eye balling this record again. The rivelry made for some good reading and story telling around the dock back then!

Good luck to all involved. Be safe!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not so sure Reggie will be helping OL beat the record. Don't forget, Reggie has his own thing, RF Powerboats, going into place. If OL breaks the record, it'll be on their watch with Mike Fiore on the throttles, Fiore working the CG, and Fiore tweaking the set up. I'm also not convinced that OL couldn't beat the record 6 years ago-- I'm not saying they could have either. Reggie dumped ALOT of money to beat that record and he went bankrupt because of it....... not that other things didn't play a part as well. OL is still going strong..... I mean that shop is BUSY building I don't know how many boats and servicing/upgrading others as well. From a financial and business perspective it wasn't in the cards for them. Now it is. Why put a "it took 6 years to do it" or "If they break it, its because reggie helped" (no-one actually said this, yet). I hope they do break it..... that way reggie will REALLY step up his game!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Not so sure Reggie will be helping OL beat the record. Don't forget, Reggie has his own thing, RF Powerboats, going into place. If OL breaks the record, it'll be on their watch with Mike Fiore on the throttles, Fiore working the CG, and Fiore tweaking the set up. I'm also not convinced that OL couldn't beat the record 6 years ago-- I'm not sayingp they could have either. Reggie dumped ALOT of money to beat that record and he went bankrupt because of it....... not that other things didn't play a part as well. OL is still going strong..... I mean that shop is BUSY building I don't know how many boats and servicing/upgrading others as well. From a financial and business perspective it wasn't in the cards for them. Now it is. Why put a "it took 6 years to do it" or "If they break it, its because reggie helped" (no-one actually said this, yet). I hope they do break it..... that way reggie will REALLY step up his game!
I said it. and its facts. hopefully its a safe and successful attempt. the financial commitment to breaking the record had no bearing on the demise of fpb.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Would somebody PLEASE take Reggie to a good barber?

Or even a bad one.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

they will easily break the record and it has nothing to do with Reggie,,, it has to bo with the guy on the far right,,Mike Faucher who is the engine builder OL hired...OL is going for the record in their current race boat and putting the engines in that they posted on Youtube that make 1800+hp....
Old 03-16-2011, 06:28 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 47EXCALIBUR
they will easily break the record and it has nothing to do with Reggie,,, it has to bo with the guy on the far right,,Mike Faucher who is the engine builder OL hired...OL is going for the record in their current race boat and putting the engines in that they posted on Youtube that make 1800+hp....
You can put 3600 hp in a bath tub. Doesnt mean it will go fast
Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
You can put 3600 hp in a bath tub. Doesnt mean it will go fast
Oh yes it will! The question is will it go fast enough to break the Fountain record? That's better said.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:23 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by dfealy
Oh yes it will! The question is will it go fast enough to break the Fountain record? That's better said.
Yes, well put.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Yes, well put.
Often, slowing down once you get reach big speed is more challenging than getting there.

Ask John Tomlinson about his Cigarette kilo run experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.