Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record >

Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record

Notices

Class 1 Cat Complete, Outerlimits Eyes V-Bottom Kilo Record

Old 03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
no disrespect meant here but if we all thought like that we'd still be going 35mph wouldn't we????

You are missing the point. Mr. Sgro and Mr. Fiore shouldnt be in the boat together attempting all this.

Firstly its a complete waste of money and secondly when you exist in an industry this small sometimes you can look around and see what your peers are doing to promote their product.

Do you see any other owners doing this ?? Wonder why.

The only other person that tried all this as a marketing tool went broke.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

All I'm going to say is don't believe what you read on here........cause most of the time it's bs and wrong.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the time yes, but not all the time..... depends on who's posting
Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Most of the time yes, but not all the time..... depends on who's posting
Yea you think......
Old 03-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Nothing is proven until the record is set. If we go down that road, the Fountain saw 183+ on one pass and the 200+ was capable. It will be a fun project without question.
You don't need to hold a world sanctioned event and press release to run 170+ in vee bottom FYI.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
You are missing the point. Mr. Sgro and Mr. Fiore shouldnt be in the boat together attempting all this.

Firstly its a complete waste of money and secondly when you exist in an industry this small sometimes you can look around and see what your peers are doing to promote their product.

Do you see any other owners doing this ?? Wonder why.

The only other person that tried all this as a marketing tool went broke.
I understand your point, but who is gonna do it then??? who has the $$$, shop, tooling, knowledge and drive to put it all together??? records are made to be broken.... how many boat sales do you think can be attributed to Reggie's record??? No way to know but I'd say a lot!!!! I don't think its a good idea for them both to be in the boat at the same time either. I'm not questioning your opinion just looking at the other side of the coin too...lol
Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
All I'm going to say is don't believe what you read on here........cause most of the time it's bs and wrong.
We finally agree on something!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
I understand your point, but who is gonna do it then??? who has the $$$, shop, tooling, knowledge and drive to put it all together??? records are made to be broken.... how many boat sales do you think can be attributed to Reggie's record??? No way to know but I'd say a lot!!!! I don't think its a good idea for them both to be in the boat at the same time either. I'm not questioning your opinion just looking at the other side of the coin too...lol
I dont know how many boats they sell in a year but its hardly worth risking your life to sell 2-3 more.
Anyone on here with half a brain knows the setup and power isnt what is sold every day.

Think REWARD/RISK.

Re your comment about how many boats did Reggie sell by setting a record.......well Reggie is starting with a fresh slate now.....and what has he said will be in his lineup at the outset? Center Consoles.

This doesnt have to happen. Proves nothing.

OL is a great boat. Put a couple more cup holders in it, turn up the music and have a nice life.
Thats what counts.

174, 182, 191 ??? Who gives a phuck??
Old 03-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I dont know how many boats they sell in a year but its hardly worth risking your life to sell 2-3 more.
Anyone on here with half a brain knows the setup and power isnt what is sold every day.

Think REWARD/RISK.

Re your comment about how many boats did Reggie sell by setting a record.......well Reggie is starting with a fresh slate now.....and what has he said will be in his lineup at the outset? Center Consoles.

This doesnt have to happen. Proves nothing.

OL is a great boat. Put a couple more cup holders in it, turn up the music and have a nice life.
Thats what counts.

174, 182, 191 ??? Who gives a phuck??
I completely understand and basically agree with your thought process here. But on the flip side of the coin - sometimes personal reward is worth the estimated risk involved. Many things in life that we do are inherently dangerous. With the proper training, experience and preparation, hopefully you lower that risk.

And as the great Fabio Buzzi once said:
"Records are the true marks for progress"
Old 03-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
I completely understand and basically agree with your thought process here. But on the flip side of the coin - sometimes personal reward is worth the estimated risk involved. Many things in life that we do are inherently dangerous. With the proper training, experience and preparation, hopefully you lower that risk.

And as the great Fabio Buzzi once said:
"Records are the true marks for progress"
I hear ya but in this case with so many people dependent on your health I repectfully disagree.
If the record is beaten by 1 or 2 mph , there will be 10 pages of how accurate the GPS was or tailwind.

Meaningless risk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.