I give up

Old 06-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I give up

I cant do this anymore
I made the absolute worst decision on buying this boat
What a waste of money
NOTHING has gone right since I bought it and I swear nothing is looking good on the horizon either.

I think it is either time to sell it as a whole or part it out and take my tail, shove it between my legs, deal with the loss and start saving for another boat later on in life since this one kicked my ass for nothing.

Man im depressed and pissed off

Anyone want a project?
Jason
Email me if interested
Old 06-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Registered

What happened, I thought you were pulling the motors to have them rebuilt??
Old 06-03-2002, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

COME ON IT CAN'T BE THAT BAD???
Old 06-03-2002, 02:27 PM
Registered

Well got one engine out, I yank off the exhaust manifolds, there is deeply pitted rust in 2 cylinder heads (2 ports, one each head)
the second motor, wont come out, the rear engine mount bolts wont break free, I used breaker bars, pry bars, cheater bars, impact gun with 650 Ft/LBS ,, bolts wont budge
Then i decided to take the engine apart and see if I could not get away with just redoing the top half of it while in the boat since that was the engine that ran fine, well the freakin exhaust bolts are so badly rusted and gone, that the manifold wont come off
I tried hammering sockets on it, everything, they wont come out.
I cant get the freakin heads off this engine cause of the one exhaust manifold and I cant get the damn engine out cause of the 2 rear motor mount bolts
This thing has been one major upset after another
I have invested so much time, effort, energy, money , everything and for what
a 10 thousand pound paperweight

Sell it now, try to break even and move on I guess
I dont know what else to do
Jason
Old 06-03-2002, 02:33 PM
Registered

Lightbulb

Try heating up the bolts and then breaking them loose. I have has good luck in doing this especially when it comes to salt water parts.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Registered

Heat the bolts up really HOT (BE CAREFUL OF FIRE! KEEP FIRE EXTINGUISHER NEAR BY) and then melt candle wax into the threads. A trick an old timer taught me and it works LIKE A CHAMP!

Good luck and don't give up! You have come this far...
Old 06-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Registered

heat up just the top of the bolt?
cant get to any other bolt back there
these idioit bolts just thread into 2 nuts in the transom assembly
I cant believe they are so seized in there

Dan, I got so frusterated and these engines look just so beat I was going to call 1800 runs new and get 2 long blocks (have all new accessoires ect ready to go on new motors, new intakes, new everything.

Just bought 2 pairs of exhaust manifolds and risers, all sorts of stuff, 2 msd's, 2 sets taylor wires, 2 polished intake manifolds, redid the carbs, all set and ready to go and this freakin thing is just so wasted
the cylinder head is rusted so bad it is pitted
the whole bilge area and stringers are covered in so much gunk and rust residue and slime, i cant wipe it out or anything and im at the point where I want to cut my losses and just deal with the fact that it is not going to run at all anymore.
Wife is freakin on me about money so i cant go dumping some loot into it or she will have my head.

either it sits for a year or two or I sell it and deal with the financial loss im going to take on it and just keep my head up and move on

Jason
Old 06-03-2002, 03:08 PM
Registered

Well the wife is talkin a small personal loan to get 2 engines and just be done with this and get it running and out there.
Still does not change the fact that the 2 rear motor mount bolts are for some reason seized in there.
Im beginning to think that the sleeves in the transom assembly have corroded and are holding onto the shank of the bolts real real tight.
The nuts at the bottom should be like cake, 2 little nylon lock nuts cant hold on to a bolt that tight
It is just not possible
I have one bolt that does sort of move about 1/8th of an inch left and right so god only knows why she wont move and back out.
Wife feels my pain and wants me to get this thing running but how much do you do, when do you call it quits, I bought the boat at a very cheap price (17,000 bucks)
I invested a ton of cash so far
if I could break even and get 17 for it, I would sell it and then look for what the wife wants (sonic)
but god forbid if I get myself into this predicament again.
The marina place I bought this broker boat from KNEW it was this hosed cause they changed the oil on the boat the morning I took it for a test drive.
I thought they did it to be nice, they did it so it would run for 20 minutes without seizing up out there and that I would buy it.

I know there are alot of people on here that could help me but demographics prevent them from just popping over and lending a hand.
Im just trying to deal with this one step at a time but each step forward ends up being 20 steps back
2 new engines wont help the fact either that I cant get that one engine out of there (that is the engine that runs anyway but needs new exhaust)

I guess Ill try to air chizel those bolt heads off of the exhaust tonight and figure out what the Hell im going to do with the actual engine itself.
I dont want to be totally upside down on this boat either as far as money goes.

Man this really sucks
All I wanted was a cosmetic challenge not rebuild a hull from scratch.
Jason
Old 06-03-2002, 03:09 PM
Registered

Default since your in such a lousy mood.. I'm not going to say,,,,,

I told you so.. BUT I DID !!!!!

What happened, I thought the " WIFE " was all cool and ****...

P.S. I told you that broker was a scum-bag.. P.O.S

Last edited by Chris232; 06-03-2002 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2002, 03:15 PM
Registered

Dil, long time bro
Yeah I know you told me so.
but that is not exactly what I needed right now dude
Jason
PS hows Donna? Whens your wedding date?
I tied the knot 2-3 weeks ago
Feels good to be married

Jason

Quick Reply: I give up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.