Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Well everyone on the way to LOTO...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24963-well-everyone-way-loto.html)

mika 05-23-2002 09:43 PM

:( :( :( what a bummer, hope tomorrow goes better for ya

MnFastBoat 05-26-2002 09:15 AM

friggin$)(*@&#)) truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it is all said and done ƒ¼
987 bucks for it all.
165 for the rental
70 bucks in round trip gas for the rental car and buddies truck.
20 buck tip for the guys there towing the boat to storage
40 buck tip for the use of buddies¡¦ truck to go and get my boat
Logged on 1,187 miles. And never even left the state of MN ƒ¼
4 trips to Albert Lea
started there on Thursday am. Pulled truck into shop at 8 am Truck did not come out of the shop until Sat at 2pm
I made 3 tirps in the rental car to go home and then return twice on Friday for parts. Each time not getting the truck done.
Finally a buddy told me to use his truck to at least get the boat home.
One I got the boat home on Saturday, they called and said the truck was good to go ƒ¼
Had to drive BACK again to drop off rental car before 5 pm to save another day charge.
This whole time everytime I thought about just getting my car from home
I was just to damn tired and would never had made the trip in less then 12 hours.
No way I could just leave the boat there.

Anyway, to sum it all up. I would rather have had things go this way then to have the axle grove all the
Way through and break off doing 70 ƒ¼ or worse yet going around a curvy road down at LOTO
This money spent now and the money lost is a lot cheaper then pulling my boat out of the ditch ƒ¼

Hope everyone has had a great time down at LOTO
And now I can only hope for the best weather the next two days here at home

Another bit of good news is I called my boss and I am going to pull back my vacation hours for next week and go back to work.
This way I will have 3 more days to use at another time ļ

Chart 05-27-2002 09:59 PM

Hugh: Boy, there are just no words for what you went through. Very impressed with your upbeat attitude. I did notice your absence Sat. Morning. Would have enjoyed seeing you again. Hope you got all your bad luck out of the way for the rest of the season.

MnFastBoat 05-27-2002 11:03 PM

Thanks Mika and Chart :)

The only way to get over it is to be upbeat

No matter how bad things can go wrong, life can always make it worse :(

I truly missed everyone down there. I only had the boat out today(monday)
It was an awesome daay. Was out with several local friends and thier families. Had a couple high passed from people who THOUGHT they were fast :)
I really hate doing that on Lkae Minnetonka becasue it is my most utilized hang out. But sometimes people need to be taought a lesson. Besides, mine is one of the very few large boats capable of putting them in the place of respect.
One guy actually was upset because after I gave him a running start and passed him I backed out. He wanted to run the entire lenght to let his AIR out ?????
He was not worth me burning THAT much gas :)

Hope everyone else had a great and SAFE Holiday weekend.
We WILL be out another day :)