Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Engine Oil Pre - Lube Systems >

Engine Oil Pre - Lube Systems

Notices

Engine Oil Pre - Lube Systems

Old 03-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea! I'm going to look into adding one.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteSteve
Cool , let me know what ya find
are you boating 2day ??? Rudy sayz its 75 degrees and drinks on him at the naughty g@@se
Old 03-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've always used Accusumps in all my track cars. Never a single issue with one.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Buddy,

Friend and bought ours about 12 years ago and still work great.
We went with the marine / turbo version for naturally aspirated engines and his are blower engines.

Reason for going with the marine/ turbo version is the pump runs a post cycle too,..........so you turn the key and it brings it to full pressure,......start it run it and go where ever....

Soon as you shut the engine off the post cycle automatically starts and pumps oil through all your hot bearings. You can set the computer for the post cycle with I think 3 options of how long to run on the post cycle.

Nice pump very heavy duty,........quick connect so you can drain the oil pretty fast too for normal maintance.

http://www.pre-luber.com/preluberkits.htm

Jon
Old 03-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boat engines suffer a lot of dry starts which scuff off metal from cylinder walls and other critical areas. A preluber will extend the life of your expensive marine engine;

http://www.masterlube.net/marine.htm
Old 03-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

I bought the KE Pre lubers, A little pricey $700.00 each but a good feeling when to here the pumps start bogging down when the engines are primed.

What I like the most about this system they give you a quick disconnect fittings and a extra hose to pump out the oil when you service the engines. Stick the hose in a 5 gallon bucket and flip the switch and the pump sucks it right out.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 03-19-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

My KE 675's have the pre-lube system installed. Flip a switch & oil pressure prior to turning the engine over. Use the same pump to change the oil!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I bought the KE Pre lubers, A little pricey $700.00 each but a good feeling when to here the pumps start bogging down when the engines are primed.

What I like the most about this system they give you a quick disconnect fittings and a extra hose to pump out the oil when you service the engines. Stick the hose in a 5 gallon bucket and flip the switch and the pump sucks it right out.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Catmando
Boat engines suffer a lot of dry starts which scuff off metal from cylinder walls and other critical areas. A preluber will extend the life of your expensive marine engine;

http://www.masterlube.net/marine.htm

Boat engines suffer a lot of dry starts which scuff off metal from cylinder walls and other critical areas.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by VetteSteve
Steve give Rudy a call if your adding a Luber,he's got 1 sitting on his desk 4 u
DREYDEN PERFORMANCE MARINE
302-367-4962

get that thread started on that Waukegan Ill motor that lasted less then an 1 hour
Old 03-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector

What he said. I was planning on designing/building/installing a "timer panel" for pre-post use. After seeing this product, why re-invent the wheel? Nice find guys, thank you.

http://www.pre-luber.com/Images/12v_ecm.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.