Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone else get flipped off in your HP boat from time to time? >

Anyone else get flipped off in your HP boat from time to time?

Notices

Anyone else get flipped off in your HP boat from time to time?

Old 06-17-2002, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else get flipped off in your HP boat from time to time?

This past Saturday a buddy and I were running my boat and he said he saw a couple of billies in a bass boat flip us off! I asked my friend if he thought I got to close to them and he seemed to agree with me that we were running at a safe distance. Our lake is small and you have to pick and choose when you can run WOT and when to just chill. I just don't get why some people have to be that way. It seems that there are five major clicks on our lake. Water skiers, fishermen, jet skiers, racers, and pontooners of which I do all of them. It is amazing how close some boats come to our pontoon when we are fishing. Sometimes it kind of bothers me, especially when their spray reaches our boat. I still refrain from flipping the bird. Maybe I am to nice. One thing I have learned is that HP boats, cars, etc. all draw attention and sometimes it is negative attention. Is it just me or do others have this happen to them from time to time? How should I handle it in the future?
Old 06-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the time .... and, you know what? .... Return to Sender
Old 06-17-2002, 06:31 PM
Registered

I boat near Annapolis, which i beleive is the blowboat capitol of the world. I have more than once got the you are number one signal from my slow poke friends. It seems to me if you keep waiving at them, it seems to make them even more POed. I am sure you are not alone on this one.

Rob
Old 06-17-2002, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew I wasn't the only one. I do a pretty good job at respecting other boaters space on the water, but you can't please em all. I get more thumbs up than birds and that is always nice. Chances are those guys were out starting bar fights the night before anyway. Those days are long gone for me so I guess a friendly wave is the best response. When I was a younger, crazier man I would have had a very different reaction and someone may have been going swimming.
Old 06-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I always thought that meant they only caught one fish.. hmmm ..Well I know I give everyone a wide berth if possible.. If not they want to race.. I just throw a short wave and smile. That gets them. I dont let it bother me unless they get reckless and I have passengers, then I will write down numbers..

Lets have fun and go boating..
Old 06-17-2002, 07:02 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Oh Yeah...all the time !

Usually by some fishermen anchored smack in the middle of the channel !

I return the favor promptly...
Old 06-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Registered

GOTTA LOVE THE FISHERMAN ANCHORED SIDEWAYS IN TH MIDDLE OF A CHANNEL .. HEY WES WHERE DO YOU BOAT WE ARE NOT TOO FAR FROM EACH OTHER.. I AM ALWAYS OUT ON THE SOUTH SHORE.. BETWEEN JONES AND FIRE ISLAND INLETS.. INSIDE AND OUT...
Old 06-17-2002, 07:24 PM
Registered

And I thought that they were just saying hello!
Old 06-17-2002, 07:28 PM
250 sport

Talking

I seem to get more negative attention at the ramp when I first start the engine.

Old 06-17-2002, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blow boat

I passed a blow boat the other day at about a hundred. he must have heard me coming (dry exhaust) anyways three dudes on board and one has his shorts around his ankles giving me
"ole red eye" ...no reason..buddies all grinnin. wind was blowing a liitle that day soooooooooon my return run I passed on their windwrd side pulling a 50 ft roostertail. oooh baby I had no idea how much water was in one of those tails. FULL hosedown I mean absolutley drenched. Now I 'm not a vindictive, get even type guy. I believe the best revenge is living well. But, I have to admit to a little satisfaction from that little stunt.

Maximus

Quick Reply: Anyone else get flipped off in your HP boat from time to time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.