Shogren on Used Boats: "Be prepared for reality."

Notices

Shogren on Used Boats: "Be prepared for reality."

Old 03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Default Shogren on Used Boats: "Be prepared for reality."

A take from the real world, http://speedonthewater.com/component...ed-for-reality.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
nice article , congratz to Scott & crew
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since fiberglass doesn't really age, maybe somebody should start up a top quality reasonably priced rehab business for older boats that were well maintained. Just reserve the right to refuse service on the really bad ones.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know first hand about the "reality".....
Old 03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya mean I can't buy a boat at .40 cents on the dollar and then get what I paid for mine on trade?

Sorry I'm in a strange mood today.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The clowns that run the boat brokerages up here need to figure this out. They talk owners into asking rediculous amounts for their boats while they sit and sit and sit. Its well worth a day's drive south to save 20 grand.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

i agree...some of these people are out of their minds on their asking prices. but alot of people are so upside down in their boats that they have no choice but to ask that much and hope theirs is the package that someones looking for
Old 03-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
Since fiberglass doesn't really age, maybe somebody should start up a top quality reasonably priced rehab business for older boats that were well maintained. Just reserve the right to refuse service on the really bad ones.
I think if you look closely this is happening more and more. The used market is where sales is at and if you follow the forums on here a lot of folks are buying bigger older boats and working on them. Heard a fair amount of talk about people getting older cigs or looking for Apache hulls and so on. Also, I ma sure XT Inovators could speak to this as well.

And one other thing to note is that the other post about some asking WAY to much is true as well. Some of the prices are very unrealistic!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cpiefer06
I think if you look closely this is happening more and more. The used market is where sales is at and if you follow the forums on here a lot of folks are buying bigger older boats and working on them. Heard a fair amount of talk about people getting older cigs or looking for Apache hulls and so on. Also, I ma sure XT Inovators could speak to this as well.

And one other thing to note is that the other post about some asking WAY to much is true as well. Some of the prices are very unrealistic!
If you surf the ads you see boats that have been up there for 2 years. They change their prices from time to time or resubmit ads to get newer dates but they are the same boats.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered

You get what you put in...Scott puts in 100%.
He will return your call or email the same day.

FYI, Sellers need to list the price. Any classified without a price means they are asking too much.

Last edited by Back4More; 03-22-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.