Notices

National Performance Boat Museum introduction

Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Performance Boat Museum introduction

National Performance Boat Museum
Located in Lake of the Ozarks, MO

Goal: To have a facility and participation center for preserving the history of Performance Boating and promoting the sport for generations in the future... “Where the past has molded our future!”

Emphasis: Performance boating, including Drag Boats, Off Shore Racing and Poker Run Events.

Overview: Our goal is to have a facility that incorporates the vision and feel of Race Rock blended with the operation and identity of the National Corvette Museum. We will include high-tech displays (videos), along with physical displays of history, including artwork to explain the history of the past and where it fits into today’s performance boating. The Museum is a Non-Profit Corporation.

The facility will have a display/tour area, theatre, library, classroom (boaters safety classes), merchandise store, offices, and catered deli area.

We will also be promoting numerous events throughout the year, including Fun Runs, Poker Runs, Manufacturer nights, Open Houses and art displays.

Location: We are currently confirming a leased property in the Osage Beach/Lake Ozark, MO area, which will be used until fundraising efforts allow the purchase of land to build a permanent Museum facility. We are anticipating the fundraising effort to take approximately 2-3 years before ground can be broken to build the facility.

Sources of Revenue:
A) General admission to tour the Museum;
B) Merchandise store with products available for purchase that will incorporate the Museum logo; additionally, we will have outside vendors displaying their products and sell on a percentage through the store;
C) Event revenue, including participant registrations, merchandise sales specific to each event, and sponsorships;
D) Supporter of the Museum memberships (i.e., individual, family, lifetime and corporate);
E) Boat/owner/dealership delivery program;
F) Fundraising to include raffles;
G) Brick and/or Tile sales (to be placed around the facility in the sidewalks); and
H) Donations.

Here is where we need your help today: We are looking for memorabilia, including event and race videos, displays (this can include manufacturers, clubs, race teams, organizations such as APBA, OPRA, OSS, etc.). Basically anything that is a performance boat related item to place in the Museum. Please note, we are also building a library based on ALL performance boat related information, so magazines, print brochures, manufacturer designs and drawings, engineering information, etc. to be placed in the Museum archives. Once opened, this should be an all inclusive one stop research facility for locating both historical and current information on manufacturing companies, boat models, and power plant information. All items received will be truly appreciated.

Within the next week, we are hoping to have our website completed and appropriately called:
nationalperformanceboatmuseum.com. We will make the announcement as soon as the website goes live to the world. What we have highlighted thus far is just the beginning!

This will be a huge undertaking as it has already been in the planning stages for over three years. Due to the economy, it is a risky decision to make, but we are projecting the performance boating community will rally for this project to build the Museum with financial support, as well as keeping an “ear to the ground” for items to be placed in the Museum for all to see.

Our direct telephone number is: (573) 723-4959.

The Journey begins!

Brian “Bajaholic” Newlun
Old 03-20-2011, 10:39 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a great idea. But, the location doesn't make ANY sense. It would have to be in fort Lauderdale or Miami. I have tons of stuff I would lend the museum...
Old 03-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hay biil thats why we have UPS FED EX its called shipping
Old 03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
It would have to be in fort Lauderdale or Miami
+1
Old 03-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

It's a great idea. But, the location doesn't make ANY sense. It would have to be in fort Lauderdale or Miami. I have tons of stuff I would lend the museum...
I think its a great idea and location does not matter. Its another reason for people to go to Missouri and would be a good tourist attraction. The Football hall of fame is in Canton, Ohio. Doesnt mean thats where football orginated or where most hall of famers live. Good luck with this project!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Missouri is located in the middle of the United States. so theoretically it is the same for everyone to get there.

We live at Lake of the Ozarks and being that it is our start out capital and we are the original people working and promoting the museum, it only made sense for it to be in our back yard.

We invite everyone to join in and support help build the attraction for generations to come. Once you have visited LOTO, you will understand!

If you have items to give, contact us, numerous trucks and shipping companies go cross country every day, we can help! If it is a truck load, heck... I could always find a reason to come visit!

Remember we are a non profit, so if you are donating or making a "loan" there will be tax benefits.

We are building our place in boating hstory, centrally located and a great boating destination, cant ask for much more!

Last edited by bajaholic; 03-20-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

+1 definently as close to the old thunderboat row as possible, think of the boats you could get just by offering storage and tax write offs in trade.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Registered

Thank you for the suggestions of Florida, but it is not going to be there. It is going to be at LOTO.

We are buildng a project that shows the history and promotes the current lifestyle of Performance Boating.

As soon as our website is up and running and the facility is open, you will find it is a destination worth the trip.

We are on an extremly tight budget, and have a vision and are moving forward to bring it to reality, We appreciate the support and could use everyones help.

If you have memorabilia, stories, basically anything Performance boating rather it be racing, Poker runs etc, we could use it. Shipping we can coordinate, let us know.

This is our opportunity to showcase our sport in a good feeling atmosphere, promote it to other type boaters and get national recognition to our sport. This could lead to greater exposure to Sponsors for race teams, better understanding of what poker runs are and what they do for the community (Make a Wish, cancer funds etc). The possibilities are endless.

Building for the future!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Registered

I think I have been answering this thread incorrctly, instead of defending why it is being built at LOTO, I should be embracing why everyone thinks their water and area is the best...

Lets make a contest out of this, and in the end we will have a display for the museum showcasing the "Best" places in America for Performance boating.

I will start a seperate thread, think outside the box, include history, pictures and anything else that would promote why your water and area is better than anyone elses.

Put your items etc together and in a couple of weeks we will give an address where they can be shipped, we will have pictures of the displays etc. and let everyone vote on them, let the boating world decide!

Who says a little sprirted constructive criticism cant lead to a better idea!

Last edited by NPBMLOTO; 03-21-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NPBMLOTO
Thank you for the suggestions of Florida, but it is not going to be there. It is going to be at LOTO.

We are buildng a project that shows the history and promotes the current lifestyle of Performance Boating.

As soon as our website is up and running and the facility is open, you will find it is a destination worth the trip.

We are on an extremly tight budget, and have a vision and are moving forward to bring it to reality, We appreciate the support and could use everyones help.

If you have memorabilia, stories, basically anything Performance boating rather it be racing, Poker runs etc, we could use it. Shipping we can coordinate, let us know.

This is our opportunity to showcase our sport in a good feeling atmosphere, promote it to other type boaters and get national recognition to our sport. This could lead to greater exposure to Sponsors for race teams, better understanding of what poker runs are and what they do for the community (Make a Wish, cancer funds etc). The possibilities are endless.

Building for the future!
Who is WE??

Is there a committee or just you?

Why are you posting under this screen name and Bajaholic in the same thread ? Are you not the same person ?

And when someone sends something today , where is it going, to your home ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.