Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/249921-continuation-bobthebuilders-caribbean-adventure-feb-may-2011-a.html)

Bobthebuilder 03-26-2011 10:02 PM

St Lucia pics

4 Attachment(s)
Some may remembering me posting pics of this Windship from one of my BVI trips.

Approaching St Lucia

Bobthebuilder 03-26-2011 10:10 PM

More St Lucia

4 Attachment(s)
1) We are staying at Bay Gardens Beach Resort pictured here.

2) Entering the protected harbor at Rodney Bay

3) I must give this chap a Canadian flag. :) I see he is flying US and Britain. This morning he was going from boat to boat in the anchorage selling fresh fruit.

I will post more pics over the next couple of days. We are here at Rodney Bay, St Lucia until we fly out mid afternoon on Monday. I will be touring some and taking in the sights so may have more interesting pics to share. Also going to look into renting a helicopter to get a birds eye view. That's all for tonight and thanks for following.

Bob

baywatch 03-26-2011 10:30 PM

Impressive as always. I can't wait to log in each night just to see what you did during the day. We got about 6" of Snow today and at one point while I was working outside this afternoon I paused for a moment to think about all the fun you are having.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's pics..

Bobthebuilder 03-26-2011 10:40 PM

OOPP's I guess I'm tired. I wanted to post the Island pics in order and just now realize I missed Dominica and Martinique which go in between Guadepoupe and St Lucia. I will fix it in the morning. I need some sleep ! LOL

Bob

BlackJack58 03-27-2011 12:12 AM

Keep it up with the great stories and pics, Bob! On a cold day here on the North Coast, there's nothing better than keeping up with your adventures.

Stay safe and have fun!

Bobthebuilder 03-27-2011 06:42 AM

Dominica pics

5 Attachment(s)
People go to see Dominica for it's Eco tourism. There are some unique rain forests and waterfalls here.

Bobthebuilder 03-27-2011 06:48 AM

Martinique

5 Attachment(s)
Pics of Martinique as we passed by.

Catastrophe 03-27-2011 06:52 AM

How far have you travelled in this leg of the trip?
How many hours a day are you running?
Are you pre booked in all the hotels you have stayed at?
Is it easy to find fuel and docking at each island or do you have to wander around to find a place to dock each night?

Bobthebuilder 03-27-2011 06:58 AM

16 countries in 36 months

If I am counting right, Team PREDATOR has been to or cruised the territorial waters of 16 countries in it's 3 years of existence.
That would be USA, Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, USVI, BVI, St Maarten, Antigua, Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique and finally St Lucia.
We are just nicely getting started. LOL