The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Notices

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default More St Lucia

1) We are staying at Bay Gardens Beach Resort pictured here.

2) Entering the protected harbor at Rodney Bay

3) I must give this chap a Canadian flag. I see he is flying US and Britain. This morning he was going from boat to boat in the anchorage selling fresh fruit.

I will post more pics over the next couple of days. We are here at Rodney Bay, St Lucia until we fly out mid afternoon on Monday. I will be touring some and taking in the sights so may have more interesting pics to share. Also going to look into renting a helicopter to get a birds eye view. That's all for tonight and thanks for following.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-st-l-6.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-st-l-7.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-st-l-8.jpg  

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-st-l-12.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-27-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Impressive as always. I can't wait to log in each night just to see what you did during the day. We got about 6" of Snow today and at one point while I was working outside this afternoon I paused for a moment to think about all the fun you are having.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's pics..
Old 03-26-2011, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

OOPP's I guess I'm tired. I wanted to post the Island pics in order and just now realize I missed Dominica and Martinique which go in between Guadepoupe and St Lucia. I will fix it in the morning. I need some sleep ! LOL

Bob
Old 03-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Keep it up with the great stories and pics, Bob! On a cold day here on the North Coast, there's nothing better than keeping up with your adventures.

Stay safe and have fun!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Dominica pics

People go to see Dominica for it's Eco tourism. There are some unique rain forests and waterfalls here.
Attached Thumbnails The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-dom-1.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-dom-3.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-dom-4.jpg  

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-dom-5.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-dom-7.jpg  
Old 03-27-2011, 06:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Martinique

Pics of Martinique as we passed by.
Attached Thumbnails The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mar-4.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mar-6.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mar-7.jpg  

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mar-8.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mar-9.jpg  
Old 03-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How far have you travelled in this leg of the trip?
How many hours a day are you running?
Are you pre booked in all the hotels you have stayed at?
Is it easy to find fuel and docking at each island or do you have to wander around to find a place to dock each night?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default 16 countries in 36 months

If I am counting right, Team PREDATOR has been to or cruised the territorial waters of 16 countries in it's 3 years of existence.
That would be USA, Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, USVI, BVI, St Maarten, Antigua, Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique and finally St Lucia.
We are just nicely getting started. LOL
Old 03-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
If I am counting right, Team PREDATOR has been to or cruised the territorial waters of 16 countries in it's 3 years of existence.
That would be Canada, USA, Mexico, Cuba, Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, USVI, BVI, St Maarten, Antigua, Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique and finally St Lucia.
We are just nicely getting started. LOL
Fixed that for ya bud. When ya comin home for a break, and where are you leaving the boat?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
How far have you travelled in this leg of the trip?
How many hours a day are you running?
Are you pre booked in all the hotels you have stayed at?
Is it easy to find fuel and docking at each island or do you have to wander around to find a place to dock each night?

Good questions, Alec

On this leg from BVI to St Lucia has been about 450 miles.

Time on the water varies of coarse with distance travelled and conditions. From BVI to St Maarten was 3 hrs; 4 hrs from there down to Antigua and yesterday was the longest ( but most amazing ) day on the water for about 5 1/ 2 hrs but had a couple of rest / lunch stops along the way.

I never pre book rooms as with boating you never know for sure where you will end up. LOL I always plan on going to a major port / marina and never have a problem getting a nice room. Ooopps, Hans and Marc might not agree with that statement as we spent a night sleeping on the boat in Highborne Cay, Bahamas that time we threw a prop blade. ( that was not a planned event ) I carry a cruising guide to all these destinations and they provide valuable info on any services needed.

Fuel is never a problem when you have a 400 mile range. Years ago there were quality control issues with fuel where there would be water in it which of coarse is a problem. The quality now is as good as what you would buy at home... or better. There are good facilities in many ports on all of the islands.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-27-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.