The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011 >

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Notices

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

These pics show the community that was wiped out with the eruption. It is still active as we could smell the sulphur and see the smoke coming out yet.
The north end of the Island is still inhabited and is lush and green. With a south wind tho I imagine they would smell the sulphur and even get some ash.
Attached Thumbnails The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mont-6.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mont-8.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mont-9.jpg  

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mont-11.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-mont-10.jpg  
Old 04-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hope you enjoy to the fullest, Bob and crew!
Lesson learned about fast growth, eh? It's amazing how quickly junk accumulates on an untreated bottom in warm salt water. 2 or 3 days is about the most I stay in at any one given time.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Hope you enjoy to the fullest, Bob and crew!
Lesson learned about fast growth, eh? It's amazing how quickly junk accumulates on an untreated bottom in warm salt water. 2 or 3 days is about the most I stay in at any one given time.
Thanks Nick. Yes amazing but apparently this is a real problem in this particular marina in St Lucia. The locals said they were debating when I pulled out whether we would get far or not. We didn't of coarse. I have been in the water up to 2 weeks in the Bahamas and was still clean there. We will give it a thorough clean when we lift it out of the water in the BVI on Wednesday.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 367 Likes on 246 Posts

just what was stuck on the hull bottom was enough to slow the boat down enough you could feel it???
Old 04-18-2011, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jeff32
just what was stuck on the hull bottom was enough to slow the boat down enough you could feel it???
More than feel it, Jeff. It was such a drag we could not get on plane until we had a diver clean the bottom. It took him 2 hrs but did the job and we were on our way. When we pull the boat out of the water in a couple of days I will get it cleaned and polished like new again. Less friction better speed.

I will get back to you on your Georgian Bay questions in just a few days now. Been busy with this trip but will soon have some free time.

Bob
Old 04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

A few pics taken around the harbor and Marriott Hotel in St Kitts today. I would come back here any day and glad we stayed an extra day.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-stk-1.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-stk-2.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-stk-3.jpg  

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-stk-4.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-stk-5.jpg  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well it's back on the water today. Sunny skies, winds are light, seas are friendly and it's just 55 miles over to St Bartt's and St Maarten. Should be an easy relaxing ride. Hans and Marc fly back to Miami from St Maarten at 3 PM today.

Bob
Old 04-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob...Curtis Churchill here. Thanks for the great pictures and sharing your trip.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Registered

How long you staying in St. Maarten Bob......I'll be there next Thursday.....the 28th....

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 04-19-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Question

[QUOTE=Bobthebuilder;3380553]A few pics taken around the harbor and Marriott Hotel in St Kitts today. I would come back here any day and glad we stayed an extra day.

Bob

On St Kitts , what was the avgerage . temp there. Also would you take a familly vacation there this time of year , what else is there to do around there . from the looks of your pics and comments the place looks awesome. Thanks for any tips.

Wellcrafted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.