The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011 >

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Notices

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

We all love and use our offshore boats in various ways whether it be racing, poker runs or a lunch or weekend run with friends. For me, while I enjoy all of the above, I also like to travel some distance and see new places and meet people of similar interest. Many have enjoyed following along on some of my past travels and friends here on OSO and Facebook have asked that I continue to document my latest travels.
Last month I shipped Team PREDATOR from Florida back to St Thomas, USVI in preparation for a deeper run into the Caribbean. In late February I spent a week in the US and BVI with friends I made there last year. Here is a link to a series of 65 pictures I took over the coarse that most recent week: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2099098...7626162511080/
OSO Expat was initially instrumental in enticing me to come down and join them on the Leverick Bay BVI poker run last year and I cannot thank him enough. Here is a link to that 1,300 mile or so run down from Ft Lauderdale to BVI in May and June of last year: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...adventure.html
Anyway, I have just recently returned to the Islands for Team PREDATOR and on Monday March 21st made the 90 mile crossing from BVI to St Maarten, so the next phase of my Caribbean adventure is officially under way. It is currently quite windy so no travel plans for a day or so yet other that a day trip today out to St Bartts and back. Our next planned port of call is Antigua later in the week. Hopefully, the many islands will offer enough protection that Team Predator can continue to make its way further south through the eastern Caribbean. Friend James Glover flew into St Maarten yesterday to help crew the boat until we finish up this phase, hopefully as far south as St Lucia. We will then put the boat away on Monday March 28th and fly back north. The plan after that is to return in April with a new crew for another 9 days or so exploring the Grenadines before heading back north toward the BVI. Going northbound, we will visit some of the islands that we previously passed by. The weather and sea conditions of coarse will determine if we can maintain our schedule but will see as much as we can and share with you. The final part of this will be to be back in the BVI for Memorial weekend to do the 2011 Leverick Bay poker run. After that, back to St Thomas for shipment to Florida and a return to normalcy.... whatever that is ! LOL
As on past trips I have activated my "SPOT" tracking device and you can see where we have traveled by clicking on this link: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...JbWs8tmcPVS9Vs It was not activated for the Virgin Island portion but is now and shows the crossing to St Maarten.
So follow along if you like and I will post pictures and commentary as I am able.

Bob Barnhart

1) getting hauled out of Sea Star Line in St Thomas

2) Have just cleared Customs at West End BVI, and 25 miles out to Saba Rock Resort by dark. Made it. David and friends met me off Peter Island. .

3) David in the Tiger

4)Team PREDATOR at Saba Rock Resort

5) View from Peter Island
Attached Thumbnails The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-usvi-1.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-1.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-1.jpg  

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-2.jpg   The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011-3.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-23-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living the dream Looking forward to the photos!!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Safe travels my friend !!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob,

Haven't met you yet but have followed your adventures. Looking forward to tracking this adventure and meeting you sometime during the season this year.

Jon
Old 03-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

I can listen(read) to Bob's stories all day long. Bob you are the man. I would love to have the knowledge and hardware that you do! Good luck with everything and be safe.

Dave
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love the pics and stories Bob - Keep it up!!! And be safe!! Hope your son is enjoying the 43!! I know we did!!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a safe and fun trip Bob see you
in florida in april.
Rick
Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Great Adventure Bob! Always interesting to read your post about your travels.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob,

I just watched your slide show, what a beautiful location, thank you for sharing.

You are obviously having a great time.

Enjoy the rest of your time down there, see you on the 2nd.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Bob,
You are my hero! Have fun on your expedition!
Dean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.