If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    VIP Member VIP Member Bobthebuilder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
    Marco Island, FL; Waterloo, ON, CAN

The Continuation of Bobthebuilder's Caribbean Adventure - Feb to May 2011

We all love and use our offshore boats in various ways whether it be racing, poker runs or a lunch or weekend run with friends. For me, while I enjoy all of the above, I also like to travel some distance and see new places and meet people of similar interest. Many have enjoyed following along on some of my past travels and friends here on OSO and Facebook have asked that I continue to document my latest travels.
    Last month I shipped Team PREDATOR from Florida back to St Thomas, USVI in preparation for a deeper run into the Caribbean. In late February I spent a week in the US and BVI with friends I made there last year. Here is a link to a series of 65 pictures I took over the coarse that most recent week:
    OSO Expat was initially instrumental in enticing me to come down and join them on the Leverick Bay BVI poker run last year and I cannot thank him enough. Here is a link to that 1,300 mile or so run down from Ft Lauderdale to BVI in May and June of last year: Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure
    Anyway, I have just recently returned to the Islands for Team PREDATOR and on Monday March 21st made the 90 mile crossing from BVI to St Maarten, so the next phase of my Caribbean adventure is officially under way. It is currently quite windy so no travel plans for a day or so yet other that a day trip today out to St Bartts and back. Our next planned port of call is Antigua later in the week. Hopefully, the many islands will offer enough protection that Team Predator can continue to make its way further south through the eastern Caribbean. Friend James Glover flew into St Maarten yesterday to help crew the boat until we finish up this phase, hopefully as far south as St Lucia. We will then put the boat away on Monday March 28th and fly back north. The plan after that is to return in April with a new crew for another 9 days or so exploring the Grenadines before heading back north toward the BVI. Going northbound, we will visit some of the islands that we previously passed by. The weather and sea conditions of coarse will determine if we can maintain our schedule but will see as much as we can and share with you. The final part of this will be to be back in the BVI for Memorial weekend to do the 2011 Leverick Bay poker run. After that, back to St Thomas for shipment to Florida and a return to normalcy.... whatever that is ! LOL
    As on past trips I have activated my "SPOT" tracking device and you can see where we have traveled by clicking on this link: It was not activated for the Virgin Island portion but is now and shows the crossing to St Maarten.
    So follow along if you like and I will post pictures and commentary as I am able.

Bob Barnhart

1) getting hauled out of Sea Star Line in St Thomas

2) Have just cleared Customs at West End BVI, and 25 miles out to Saba Rock Resort by dark. Made it. David and friends met me off Peter Island. .

3) David in the Tiger

4)Team PREDATOR at Saba Rock Resort

5) View from Peter Island
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 03-23-2011 at 08:14 AM.

My Boats:
    Living the dream Looking forward to the photos!!

Safe travels my friend !!!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member LaughingCat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '00 Scarab Sport
    Tampa, FL

Haven't met you yet but have followed your adventures. Looking forward to tracking this adventure and meeting you sometime during the season this year.

My Boats:
    29' FOUNTAIN 525SC
    Washington, IL
    I can listen(read) to Bob's stories all day long. Bob you are the man. I would love to have the knowledge and hardware that you do! Good luck with everything and be safe.

You can always retake a class, but you can never relive a party.

My Boats:
    1993 Cruisers Inc Twin Diesel, 23' CC 225 Optimax
    Channelview, Texas
    Gotta love the pics and stories Bob - Keep it up!!! And be safe!! Hope your son is enjoying the 43!! I know we did!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member bajarick's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Baja 33' Outlaw SST, Baja 36' Outlaw SST
    canfield, Ohio/cape coral FL
    Have a safe and fun trip Bob see you
    in florida in april.

VIP Member VIP Member
    Great Adventure Bob! Always interesting to read your post about your travels.

Gold Member Gold Member AppSysCons's Avatar
    My Boats:
    CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
    Port Charlotte, FL

I just watched your slide show, what a beautiful location, thank you for sharing.

You are obviously having a great time.

Enjoy the rest of your time down there, see you on the 2nd.
    Frank Fasulo
    2004 Stingray 230LX
    Canon 7D | EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Thousands of pictures at

Charter Member Charter Member Dean Ferry's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
    Merritt Is. Fl. USA
    You are my hero! Have fun on your expedition!
    Everything is for sale @ a certain $$

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast